• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Take it from a lawyer: if it was your staircase then it was a misdemeanor at best. You might have gotten off entirely in a more defendant-friendly jurisdiction.

Haha I was only I trouble with Mrs OF- it was at outside our apartment (but still in our complex). I was dropped off (thank you Uber) and woke up completely sober a few hours later, she was just pissed (and rightfully so) because she couldn't find me and I (obviously) wasn't answering my phone. To her credit, my wife didn't kill me (and we're already laughing about it), so my wife is awesome.

Also, fwiw, I was at work at 8am the next morning and still very productive that day, so it turned it fine lol.

Last edited:

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got home from extended week-end to find the HM boots and the Humboldt belt waiting for me. Very happy with both products. I went with 9B, the same size as the Dalton, 1st Ave, 108 lasted shoes. I think my Brannock size 8.5c would have been perfect, but they are not offered in that size. I may try 8D, my usual 65 size.

The only negative is the very strong smell of contact cement that comes from the shoes, as if one just opened a container. Does AE really need to use it all the much?

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My NR sucks for shoes - very rarely anything AE  :(

Is there a proper Nordstrom near by? While I am still new to this, my hypothesis is that your odds are better when there is a real Nordstrom near the Rack location. No idea how true that is, however. When I get the chance, I will hit up the other NR near my office with a Nordstrom close by. Then I'll go to the one closer to my house with no Norstrom near by. Then I will have a bit more data to either support or reject my hypothesis.

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a proper Norstrom near by? While I am still new to this, my hypothesis is that your odds are better when there is a real Nordstrom near the Rack location. No idea how true that is, however. When I get the chance, I will hit up the other NR near my office with a Nordstrom close by. Then I'll go to the one closer to my house with no Norstrom near by. Then I will have a bit more data to either support or reject my hypothesis.
Yup - it is in an affiliated shopping center directly across the street.

Uncle

Reaction score
I'd say rich milk chocolate. Will post a pic in the wild next I wear them, though I am in loafer mode as it is heading back into the 90s later this week. Here's a brown side-by-side-by-side including a Chukka which still has to see light of day. (My effort at a compromise as there's no rushing the seasons here in NYC...all one has to do is take a walk around town to understand why...and ..to quote House Stark, "Winter is Coming"..soon enough!)

BTW; Bartletts in 9 1/2 D, courtesy of the team at the 44th street store. Other two pairs are from our favorite e-bay seller. ( 10 B for the Randolphs, and 10 C for the boots.)

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So I think I'm about to have a "what are we" conversation with the girl I've been dating which more than likely means I'll be extremely single soon. I don't know how to relationship.

Maybe you would do better if you didn't tell her, "You're prettier than a pair of bourbon shell Strands."

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I think I'm about to have a "what are we" conversation with the girl I've been dating which more than likely means I'll be extremely single soon. I don't know how to relationship. Ask me to hit a high draw over a tree onto a green, done. Figure out what I want in a relationship? Foreign language. Anyway, before all that goes down, my Oak Street babies in all their natty cxl glory. And ice cream. Because ice cream is life

lol. I remember those times. Somehow those "what are we?" talks never seem to end well. If you do become single, you can at least count on your shoes, and that's better than a lot of marriages I know of. Nothing at all wrong with being single. Anyway, love the Oak Streets. Would own them if I didn't already own the Clark Street. Can't really justify them, but I love natural leather look. And profila binding on a shoe like this doesn't bother me - I actually kind of like it on this shoe.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going mad. I bought the natty HM and the brown Oak Street on the last day of the sale. Neither shoe in my size located in my half of the country (west). You east coasters keep hogging all the shoes! At least I convinced the SA to get me expedited shipping.

There were only 2 of the HM available in my size (11.5D) anywhere. Should get them Friday or Saturday.

The wait is terrible and looking at the catalog that arrived in the mail today is making me second guess my color choices!

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: She postponed the talk until tomorrow. So I'm gonna be working on the below speech. @smfdoc the bourbon Strands are gorgeous in all their shoe Appreciation glory. @Lobster33 currently I think I am single already so maybe it really is me?

"You're damn right it's me."

jonnyblackfoot

Reaction score
Honestly, just trying to find a good fit. Tried an 11b and had the same pressure although the length was better. I am so surprised that I cannot find a good fit in such wonderful shoes. Maybe I'll just continue to wear an 11d with insoles.

Why would you go more narrow if your foot is in pain from pressure and you're asking if you should let them stretch?

domesticllama

Reaction score
I'm going mad. I bought the natty HM and the brown Oak Street on the last day of the sale. Neither shoe in my size located in my half of the country (west). You east coasters keep hogging all the shoes! At least I convinced the SA to get me expedited shipping.

There were only 2 of the HM available in my size (11.5D) anywhere. Should get them Friday or Saturday.

The wait is terrible and looking at the catalog that arrived in the mail today is making me second guess my color choices!

FWIW, I bought the oak street in brown and they look stellar.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I'd say rich milk chocolate. Will post a pic in the wild next I wear them, though I am in loafer mode as it is heading back into the 90s later this week. Here's a brown side-by-side-by-side including a Chukka which still has to see light of day. (My effort at a compromise as there's no rushing the seasons here in NYC...all one has to do is take a walk around town to understand why...and ..to quote House Stark, "Winter is Coming"..soon enough!)

BTW; Bartletts in 9 1/2 D, courtesy of the team at the 44th street store. Other two pairs are from our favorite e-bay seller. ( 10 B for the Randolphs, and 10 C for the boots.)

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a couple of the shoe trees from NR. Not sure if I am in love with the split toe type. Didn't see any other kind there. What do you all think is the preferred design? Also they look kind of naked without the little name plaques on them. Going to have to lift some off some official AE trees next time I'm in the retail store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics