1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I care Neo. And if you haven't notice I've kept the rep train a chuggin. Choo Choo! The 2 boots that I currently own are olive suede and the HM, I need to see some pictures to decide if they are different enough to warrant adding to the family.

2. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Anyone who likes the lug and brown, it's literally the HM for 199.

3. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Where are you seeing this price?

4. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Get the Higgens....I LOVE the Normandy but for what you describe Higgins is the way to go ....and no offense but if you think an AE dainite soled boot is heavy then perhaps you should stick to some lightweight synthetic sneaker hikers. or start squatting :) ...not trying to be a dick at all...ok a little :) but AE makes some of the lightest boots around.

The Dainite sole takes some breaking in but once it is broken in and for me on a double sole that is about 30 wears it is amazingly comfortable and I have done 10-5 miles walking days in them. If you really fear foot fatigue get some AE poron sole inserts and size the boot with those in.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

What do you fellows think of the Sedona? I had been considering a new pair of very casual summer shoes, and at $77 on the ShoeBank they seem like they'd be good to wear to the beach or the park or to backyard barbecues. Does anybody have any experience with them?

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Meh who cares.....[​IMG]

Green Suede sounds terrific...wonder if it is Stead

8. macher

macher Well-Known Member

I the Normandy had the Dainite sole then... the rep said they can be made in a Dainite sole with a $40 up charge but she said she never had anyone request the Normandy with that sole. Or I would like the whole sole to be like the heal?

How durable are the Normandy's

9. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Thanks [​IMG], but it didn't take a Nostrashoemus to predict that.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

11. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Where are you guys finding out about all these new shoes?

1 person likes this.
  12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Get a pair of Redwings.

Or a Sutters Mill. Between the Higgins Mill, Normandy and Sutters Mill, the Sutter is by far the worst, but it fits what you want the best at the least cost.

13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Neo smoked a little peyote under a Josua Tree and is channelin Paul G in a stream of consciensenus

5 people like this.
  14. macher

macher Well-Known Member

Redwings are too wide for me.

Never heard of Sutters Mill? Didn't see them in the store.

15. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

Intrigued by #1 but don't think I'd have the chance to wear it enough in SoCal. For #2, does anyone know if they use cork footbeds on rubber soled models?

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

17. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

To clarify a little, I believe the saukville is a green suede Sauk drive, meaning suede & 201 last.

Loving kahuna's stuff all the way [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@BespokeBrooklyn Sedona was good - runs a little small in length. Don't drop down from brannock.

19. gm928

gm928 Senior member

The Long Branch has a rubber sole and a cork footbed. This quote is from the official "Ask and Answer" tab on AE's Long Branch page:

"The Long Branch style features our traditional leather foot bed; we apply a layer of shock-absorbent cork between the insole and the outsole of our shoes which allows the sole to form an imprint in the cork over time, which acts as a comfortable cradle for your whole foot. The resulting imprint is totally unique to your foot shape and is part of the reason our shoes are so comfortable."

20. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

THANKS for these updates, Neo! Underwhelming, but I see a few gems there:

-Despite the McT being on a deep discount lately, I think it having a BF rebirth is exciting. Not so much for me, as I've owned the black and tan versions since before they were discounted at all, and I struggle to pair olive shoes... but it is a great shoe that many people have expressed wishing they could obtain in their size.

-I thought the tan Freiburg was one of the best deals AE has offered. I wasn't a fan of the russet version - too rough/vieny and I didn't like the black edge/sole. A brown would be nice, but not different enough from others in my collection for me to get too excited about it.

-A suede LB sounds awesome! Though again, I struggle with the green/olive pairings.

-The Sutter Mill sounds awesome - though with a natty HM and a Normandy MTO on the vibram lug (not to mention a pretty heavy AE boot rotation already), not sure I can justify it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.