• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna bump this from a long time ago - does anyone actually own the Haley and can describe the fit? I had the duke in mind but the 2592 is a total black hole for predictability. Has anyone even seen it?

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much action on the board today. Wearing dark chili 6th Ave (NR special).

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hino

Reaction score
Hope everyone's weekend went well. Monday is almost over for me, but I got a delivery attempt notice for my Rutledges. It sucks, but at least tomorrow should be a pretty awesome day.

Oinkedmoo

Reaction score
I haven't been able to buy shoes because of a kitchen renovation :(

My Cornwallis didn't take well to a dusty condo today, but it made me think that a Higgins Mill would look great. And my ankles need protection in case the contractors leave a nail loose, right? Oh well.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does he consider a "reasonable price"?
It depends on the shoe, but I offered 90 for the Carlyles. I think for the Park Aves, he would want a little more (maybe 125). For shell of course, he would expect more. You can always offer him a low bid and he might send you a counter offer. He's very reasonable in his prices and accepts returns if you are unsatisfied.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meeting my bookie in style (thank you Connor) and a little dinner get together after.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... the Academy is making me think about selling my Tan Mctavish (since my "Mistake McT's" are essentially Tan with a chili edge) and getting a natty CXL academy to diversify my collection (i.e. less wingtip styles - I've got 10 between longwing and whatever you call the McTavish style)

I wore 'em today though :)

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the shoe, but I offered 90 for the Carlyles. I think for the Park Aves, he would want a little more (maybe 125). For shell of course, he would expect more. You can always offer him a low bid and he might send you a counter offer. He's very reasonable in his prices and accepts returns if you are unsatisfied.

So like 50-60% of asking price?

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was unsuccessful at the 20% discount from Jeffersonville, but...
It may be that the new Palo Alto store can still offer a 15% discount for a few more days.

And, WOW~! Shoprunner accelerates AE shipments, 2 HMs ordered yesterday, Tracking number shows they are already moving towards my closet, due on Wednesday.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was unsuccessful at the 20% discount from Jeffersonville, but...
It may be that the new Palo Alto store can still offer a 15% discount for a few more days.

And, WOW~! Shoprunner accelerates AE shipments, 2 HMs ordered yesterday, Tracking number shows they are already moving towards my closet, due on Wednesday.

Shoprunner really is great. It makes me feel like I'm much more important than I actually am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads