• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted here in a while. I see the First ave is going for $249

Should I get?

Dd1101

Reaction score
Looking at the Norwich, but worried about the fit, Cornwallis, and park aves I wear a 10.5d. Stick to 10.5d. And could these be worn with a suit?

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thats funny, good taste all around. Probably my second favorite behind the oxblood strands. I love those things.

I could wear my oxblood strands daily, and have wanted to, but the other pairs would get jealous and the strands wouldn't last :(

drcharlie

Reaction score

Looking at the Norwich, but worried about the fit, Cornwallis, and park aves I wear a 10.5d. Stick to 10.5d. And could these be worn with a suit?

I have the Norwich in same size as Brooks Brothers Park Ave. It has the thicker sole and fairly large welt. In my opinion it is wonderful with jeans and chinos. I think a shoe like the Warwick may look nicer with a suit. I love my Norwichs. Not everyone has liked the fit, though.

whodey14

Reaction score

I could wear my oxblood strands daily, and have wanted to, but the other pairs would get jealous and the strands wouldn't last :(

Are you a long lost twin? Haha. Great taste. The Strand is probably my favorite style. Have them in brown too.

Dd1101

Reaction score

I have the Norwich in same size as Brooks Brothers Park Ave. It has the thicker sole and fairly large welt. In my opinion it is wonderful with jeans and chinos. I think a shoe like the Warwick may look nicer with a suit. I love my Norwichs. Not everyone has liked the fit, though.

Ok that works. I wear a 10.5 in bb fifth ave. the bb is the 201 last.

whodey14

Reaction score

whodey14

Reaction score
After doing some searching I really want a grey pair of shoes. Would love the mctavish or longbranch. Can't find them even used online although I would be hesitant to buy used.

gotribe

Reaction score
In the past I have worn both 9D and 8EEE on the 65 last (Park and Fifth Avenue), and both eventually hurt my feet enough to make me stop wearing the shoes. I think the shape of the 9E shown below would work better for me, but is there too much extra material in the toe area? I can feel a good amount of a gap between the top front of my foot and the top of the shoe. My big toe ends about a half inch into the cap. Do I need to just stay away from this last?

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past I have worn both 9D and 8EEE on the 65 last (Park and Fifth Avenue), and both eventually hurt my feet enough to make me stop wearing the shoes. I think the shape of the 9E shown below would work better for me, but is there too much extra material in the toe area? I can feel a good amount of a gap between the top front of my foot and the top of the shoe. My big toe ends about a half inch into the cap. Do I need to just stay away from this last?

Maybe you could help us out by letting us know if you have a high or low instep and your brannock size. To me, it seems like that shoe is too wide or too long for you. Is your foot flexed in the first picture? Where did the other size shoes hurt your feet? Did you try an 8.5E?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After doing some searching I really want a grey pair of shoes. Would love the mctavish or longbranch. Can't find them even used online although I would be hesitant to buy used.

Up until a few weeks ago Nordstom Rack had a few of the grey Longbranch in stock. But they're gone now. Maybe there are a few pairs floating around in a physical NR location.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score

I was in the same boat not long ago, With the help of the fellows in this thread and a Brannock device, I finally figured my correct size. Those shoes look a little short, especially given that your big toe is that close to the end of the shoe. Try a 9.5D and get measured on a Brannock device, most people say 5 last is true to size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads