Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.
They also make custom shoes for Ralph Lauren ( chukka, loafer and a blucher)
I'm only going to comment on #1. I agree with you on the style. I have the Natural CXL Oak Street, and I like them so much better than the split-toe. I've gotten so many more compliments on them than I have on the GB Rush Streets, which are my personal favorites. The natural Oak Streets are making me want natural shell in everything, but the split-toe is not for me.
Grey McTavish took care of me in the rain today.
I had to promise my wife I would not buy any more shoes in 2016. I told her stopping at 7 is fine (one for each day of the week). I used to laugh at people who bought lots of shoes and think they were nuts. It's a weird feeling when you're on the other side of what you mocked.
Anyway, I bought the last 8D Clark they had in 1st quality. The 7.5 E's are still up there if anyone is interested.
Maybe you can talk the wife into getting you a pair during the Father's Day sale.
I kind of wish that I had bought a pair of these while they were still available.
Thanks @Neo1 for your feedback. No hard feelings
1) I have the LaSalle in 8d and I really don't like how it fits. I had tried the 108 in other lengths in D width but never found a good fit. Last week I had chance to try 9B LaSalle (I am 8.5C brannock) and it was much better. So the Mora and Clark Street might be a good fit. Hey, I am split toe type of guy and I like mom straps.
2) The Cavanaugh I am thinking 9b, as well. The navy suede is going to be used with casual outfits, so I am pretty comfortable that I can make it work. 8.5D in Concord Ave was wide.
3) I am going to try the Kenilworh or Lexington, even though I am pretty certain that they will not work. I don't do particularly well with calf leather styles on 65, but the McT and the BB suede wingtips in 8D worked. In calf leather, anything that fits well in the toe box/the ball of the foot, is too narrow everywhere else.
4) I guess I am trying to find a replacement for my Norwich, and that's perhaps why I am gravitating towards the Franciscan. But, yeah, the Flatiron and Franciscan can be crossed off.
Lol. Did you make that up?
Were they stone color? If I remember correctly, they were actually white.
I wish I could take credit for it. I ran across it in an article a couple weeks ago. I've been holding on to it for an appropriate time to use.
Dark Chili Lasalles are now on clearance?! WTF. How did these suddenly appear?! I'm totally confused.
I was referencing the white Leeds.
1. 1st ave on clearance in 9B, just because. Great choice.
2. La Marche - here's your chance to try the Lexington out. Too big for me, but worth a shot.
3. Rialto (8D) - really tough fit, but they're practically giving this away.
4. Sanibel 1.0 - I actually like this a lot now.
5. Madison Ave (9B) - I missed this. Kind of like the san Marco.
6. Black Rutledge (9B) - you gotta try that.
8. Lubbock (9B) - doh! Been trying to hunt one down forever . Hey, if you want another shot at the Norwich....
Separate names with a comma.