Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Looking great buddy! You are killing me. I really really like this shoe in this shade, but I can't rationalize the purchase, as I already have the chili LaSalle and Wilbert. I know I am going to regret it when they run out of my size

2. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

So, I had some spare time yesterday. Decided to go through Shoebank/AE site and see if I can find anything to fill some gaps. Ironically, all that got me excited are on clearance. Picked up 6 pairs totaling $922 pretax (~$150/pair). So now I need to reduce it to 2-3 pairs, because, as understanding and accommodating my wife has been, the purchase of 6 pairs might just flip her :) So here is the list:

1. Natural CXL Clark Street
    2. Navy suede Cavanaugh
    3. Bourbon Mora 2.0
    4. Brown Kenilworth

5. Walnut Franciscan (will dye to different color)
    6. Walnut/bourbon Flatiron( will dye to different color)

I am really itching for 1-4. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Last edited: May 6, 2016

3. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

4. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I would say anything you are going to have to die to get where you'd like them is an easy one to knock out. I'm not sure what your current shoe inventory is but I like the navy suede. I very much like the bourbon color and while I like the warwick a lot im not sure how the Mora 2.0 will look but that one has been tempting me for quite some time. I would keep the Clark street, looks great and I'm not usually a split toe fan. Kenilworth is not my favorite but if you are in need of some plain-toe maybe its a good/cheap option.

5. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

I did not know they carried AE shoes. Now I have another site to add to my weekly rounds. I cannot decide if those White Leeds that they carry are hilarious or fantastic.

6. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

Those sand suede Leeds are cool. I'd be all over them if they had a 10.5 B. No one carries narrow widths anymore....

Last edited: May 6, 2016

7. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

Buying 6 pair at one time deserves an award

[​IMG]

8. ProfilaBinding

9. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

They had a pair or 2 at the Paramus outlet, but I don't remember the sizes. Wish Shoebank was easier to search.

10. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

Don't forget the extra cash back with fatwallet/ebates!

11. ProfilaBinding

Someone should compile a list of stores that AE makes custom shoes for. I'd really like to know.

So far I have...

Nordstroms
    Club Monaco
    Brooks Brothers

Who else?

12. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Wait a minute....
    How did this happen? I thought you said you weren't going to buy another pair for a while.

13. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Harry Rosen in Canada and Jos A Bank (at least they used to)

14. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

Brown Dundees a comin' from our favorite EBay seller. Price was right, and the minor flaw can be covered over. Hek, it still feels like winter in NYC!

15. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Not trying to knock you, but you're kind of going overboard a little bit aren't you? Do all these things actually fit you satisfactorily? No matter how low the price is, if it doesn't fit, it isn't worth it. Having said that -

1. Personally I just hate the style. The Clark St, Delray & Lasalle all fit me like a glove, but I just am not a fan of the look. I have nothing bad to say against them. If you have the need for another casual style, they should work.
    2. I would pass on this - the 114 last sucks plus at least for me blue suede is too limited of an option in a wardrobe that includes mostly business casual, black & charcoal.
    3. F-yeah! These totally didn't fit me but if they did I'd be all over this one. They were really wide for me, so I'd be surprised if a D worked for you.
    4. Mixed reaction - I tried this a few times actually. The 3 eyelets makes for a challenging fit. If you have a low arch (like you do), I bet you'd get some significant bowing at the back/heel. Not a bad choice, wouldn't be at the top of my list. Very formal look.
    5. I actually bought this and returned it (in black). Too much "stuff" going on for me - elongated, squared off toe, captoe medallion. Very flashy. You have to have the wardrobe. I think chili, merlot, oxblood, or something in that range would look a lot better.
    6. Looked at this one in person. This I'd actually like in black. Very Spartan looking - in the walnut & bourbon I was not a fan.

Out of curiosity, what sizes are you looking at on the website - I wanted to see what else you might want to consider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.