• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kind of wish that I had bought a pair of these while they were still available.

They're kinda hard to pair (as you can tell I kinda said "fuckit" with my outfit. First day back to work after medical leave and torrential rain = I care not), but completely bullet proof. And supremely comfortable.

CMT1

Reaction score
I hit my (beloved, cherished, and awesome) ratty Eastports with a thorough, multi-coat neatsfoot oil soaking and injected a bit more life into them. They are my casual go-to summer footwear for just about anything involving water of any sort, and they usually see about a year of hard use before I have to treat the leather and reattach parts of the sole with Gorilla Glue.

I tell myself every spring that it's time to pick up another pair, but in the end I know I'll continue with these until they crumble into dust. :slayer:

Before:

After:

Ready for another year of comfy abuse!

I hope everyone's weekend is going well, as always. :cheers:

P12OFIT

Reaction score
FYI - The spend $250 or more in store or online at Allen Edmonds and receive a $50 statement credit offer is back for AMEX cardholders.

Southwick

Reaction score

I hit my (beloved, cherished, and awesome) ratty Eastports with a thorough, multi-coat neatsfoot oil soaking and injected a bit more life into them. They are my casual go-to summer footwear for just about anything involving water of any sort, and they usually see about a year of hard use before I have to treat the leather and reattach parts of the sole with Gorilla Glue.

I tell myself every spring that it's time to pick up another pair, but in the end I know I'll continue with these until they crumble into dust. :slayer:

Before:

After:

Absolutely amazing! Well done!

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa, Sheltons are gone already? What was there, one in each size?

Also, Sturgis is mighty tempting at $167

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With very few exceptions, most forum members have or know some woman who qualifies a "mother." This is a timely reminder that there will be hell to pay if said mother is forgotten tomorrow. You have been warned. Me? I am cooling my heels at the florist shop in old recrafted chili Bentons with a mini lug sole. Weekend casual.

Middlife

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, the chili Cornwallis is a Nordstrom exclusive, much like the chili Strand. Allen Edmonds will only be selling them 2nd quality.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some sizing advice on the Fifth St. Boot, which is on the 65 last.

I wear an 8E in the Strand. Length is great, width is also very good with good closure of the V-Gap once broken in. An 8D would fit, but then I wouldn't get proper closure. An 8.5D, and I would (likely) get good closure after break in, but then I feel they are a bit long.

So based on that, 8D, or 8E on the Fifth Street?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In case anyone is wondering, the chili Cornwallis is a Nordstrom exclusive, much like the chili Strand.  Allen Edmonds will only be selling them 2nd quality.

I was wondering indeed. Good to know, thanks!

styleaudit91

Reaction score

Before:

After:

Look great! I have a pair of A/O Topsiders that I have a similar regimine. Experimented with some melatonin creme to darken up this year with fresh laces and gorilla glue :). Have lasted 6 years of insane abuse.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need some sizing advice on the Fifth St. Boot, which is on the 65 last.

I wear an 8E in the Strand. Length is great, width is also very good with good closure of the V-Gap once broken in. An 8D would fit, but then I wouldn't get proper closure. An 8.5D, and I would (likely) get good closure after break in, but then I feel they are a bit long.

So based on that, 8D, or 8E on the Fifth Street?
Depends; how close do you want them to close? Although there's slightly more room in the Fifth Street than the Strand, the gap at the bottom will be similar. But since the gap is worse on shoes at the top, and on boots the bottom gap gets wider and then narrower toward the shaft, the part that's visible might not be too bad.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merlot McAllisters from ebay for tonight's Uber adventures in DC.....

26273198274_10d4bfb4d1_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads