• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's different leather source than the standard AE suede. This is full grain reverse calf from Stead, just like what Alden uses. Much higher quality than stock dundees
Have we got any clues/tips on price? I haven't tried to size that last, but if I'm an 11.5 D or E depending on the 5-last shoe, I'm wondering if that makes me a 12 D or E in this shoe...

Last edited:

jjtitus

Reaction score

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the upcoming AE "trunk sale", during which (if I understand correctly) one can order almost any pair in shell, would I be able to order a dark brown shell strand (just like the one they offer all the time), but have them make the sole edge a brownish mahogany (like the way C&J does for their brown shell shoes), instead of the standard black edge?

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the upcoming AE "trunk sale", during which (if I understand correctly) one can order almost any pair in shell, would I be able to order a dark brown shell strand (just like the one they offer all the time), but have them make the sole edge a brownish mahogany (like the way C&J does for their brown shell shoes), instead of the standard black edge?

I think you may be able to do that now. You would have to pay the $110 upgrade fees and $50 custom sole fee I think.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Massdrop about a styleforum, massdrop, AE collaborative effort Chukka. Launches Nov. 1 Interesting.

Holy **** those are perfection. Could AE be using Massdrop as a litmus test for an unlined chukka to rival that of Alden? I want these so bad. Wonder what the price will be?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking at @orange fury for some alliteration on this set up...

Tan Thursday? Or "Toe-of-the-capped-variety" Thursday

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy **** those are perfection.  Could AE be using Massdrop as a litmus test for an unlined chukka to rival that of Alden?  I want these so bad.  Wonder what the price will be?

I thought I saw ~$250 somewhere. I was doing good on not buying shoes, but I may spring for a pair of the dark brown/chocolate ones. I've been wanting chukkas....

Edit: ah, beat me to it- $240

Last edited:

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw ~$250 somewhere. I was doing good on not buying shoes, but I may spring for a pair of the dark brown/chocolate ones. I've been wanting chukkas....

Edit: ah, beat me to it- $240
Well... Merry Effing Christmas to me.

jjtitus

Reaction score

Ive always had problems with my First Avenues rubbing me bad on my shins, mainly my left. To me it looks like the left boots tongue is sewn in wrong. Shouldn't it fall to the left like the right boot tongue falls to the right? It seems my shin runs between the tongue and the top of the shaft on the left. What do you guys think?

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's different leather source than the standard AE suede. This is full grain reverse calf from Stead, just like what Alden uses. Much higher quality than stock dundees

I am wondering if they will fit slightly looser than the calf counterparts, since they are unlined. The snuff is very tempting.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ive always had problems with my First Avenues rubbing me bad on my shins, mainly my left. To me it looks like the left boots tongue is sewn in wrong. Shouldn't it fall to the left like the right boot tongue falls to the right? It seems my shin runs between the tongue and the top of the shaft on the left. What do you guys think?

I have not had any rub issues and seem to recall having a pair or two over the years that the tongue was like that. I also tend to wear socks that are mid calf to over calf so maybe that is why i have not noticed any rub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene