• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aether Apparel

vivalet

Reaction score
I have a couple Aether button swims. It is a great swim short. Very nicely styled. To me their stand out piece. Very comfortable in the water, very comfortable dry. A little steep in price, but I do like the short.

http://www.aetherapparel.com/shop/mens/swim/button-swim/

I think it would be a better swimsuit if the pockets were a mesh: they would dry faster. The pockets are made out of the same material as the short itself so the dry time is very long. While they are great wet or dry, it's that in between stage where they aren't so great. You pretty much want to get out of them before they dry out all the way, which defeats the whole "from the water to the watering hole" concept!

They used to have a waxed vest I was interested in, but it appears they no longer carry it.

I tried on the space hoodie, and that is pretty nice. Still thinking about that.

Their travel bag looks awesome, but $500?

Their cotton tops are pretty ordinary, maybe like James Perse. Not worth the money IMO.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Aether piping swim short. Great fit and material. Going to pick up a second one sometime soon. Like mentioned above, some of their prices are high, but their customer service, quality, packaging, etc are seriously second to none. Great company.

Looking forward to the restock on the Pinnacle Jacket, will kop that for sure once it comes back this fall. Anyone not familiar with Aether, check them out, great fitting technical gear.

eldude

Reaction score
Got the barrier jacket. Pretty nice but seems to run a little big.

Last edited:

WSW

Reaction score
Received the Fall Line NH today. Nice fabric and construction, but pretty tight on an athletic build. I'm going to exchange for the Traverse one size up and see how that works out.

jackstriderbrew

Reaction score
Today I received Aether's Fall Line jacket in jet black.
I'm really happy with it, look and fit is amazing!
Feels like the last rain jacket I've ever need. waterproof, windproof, breathable and looks absolutely amazing.
Only disappointing thing is for $400USD i don't think it should be "made in philippines", american brand, made in usa would be nice.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old thread, but no one has mentioned Aether's signature product, the Space Hoodie. And being they're reussuing it, I thought I'd chime in.

I bought an early version at a thrift store in Los Angeles a few years ago. I'm assuming one of the early runs, because it's made in Canada, not China.

It delivers the goods. I've worn it in the snow in low 20 degree weather in Rhode Island with only short sleeve shirt under it. I was not cold. The jacket is a medium. I'm a small. I figure results would be even better with the proper size.

It looks great. The downsides are the nice Lampo zipper should either go higher up the hoodie or it should have a draw string. Wind blows the hoodie off my head. Again, me wearing a medium instead of a small, might be part of the issue

Lastly, I have no idea why there's no zippers or a snap for the kangaroo pockets. So much stuff has fallen out of the damn things! And no internal pockets? C'mon!

I finally bought some self adhesive velcro for the pockets. It's just plain unacceptable imho.

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Found this second hand online, do anyone know what jacket it is or have any more info?

375015975_b304d412-78ad-400e-a519-c8499d6c4acb.jpg
375015975_2993479a-a051-4079-804d-51615a196c23.jpg
375015975_875998d5-be96-4db8-a189-bc354342621a.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads