• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adams apple

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that this "problem" is more common in ultra thin males. I had a more prominent Adam's apple when I was younger and thin as a rail. It has diminished with age and added pounds. If you are thin, maybe try gaining a little weight through weight training and healthy eating.

thepataphysician

Reaction score
you could try to do the neck exercise that boxers do. they either tie a cloth around their head, hang a weight from it, and do reps or tie rope with a weight to a football mouthguard and do reps with that. even if it doesnt make your adams apple smaller, it will make you tough as nails.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don`t be so self conscious about it. Who cares if you have a large adams apple?

If you receive stupid comments about it, view it as an opportunity to learn how to deal with stupid people.

endobooth

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'll try to keep that in mind
smile.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
wow big deal. Mow some lawns, save up your pennies and get surgery performed on it. You're thin, have good skin, and probably look fine. Right now it looks as if you have a testicle lodged in your throat, just get rid of it if that bothers you and you'll be fine.

There are people who pay a lot of money to get that done to them.

Originally Posted by quevola
It seems to me that this “problem” is more common in ultra thin males. I had a more prominent Adam’s apple when I was younger and thin as a rail. It has diminished with age and added pounds. If you are thin, maybe try gaining a little weight through weight training and healthy eating.

Seriously, you look like you weigh under 100 lbs. Don't know your age but while a 26 waist is wonderful when you want to look like a heroin addict in expensive jeans, you are a man and at least a handful of times in your life you are going to be "tested", those aren't the times when you want to be a 92 lb adult.

Originally Posted by LabelKing
I can't even feel mine.

You are such a soothing person.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oxide
Hey

I seem to have a huge pointy adams apple. It looks like it's coming out more than it should and when I press it it goes back a bit. My older sister keeps saying I should have my head forward more to hide my adams apple. I'm trying to do it but having head forward is something I'm not used to. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Some ppl may get the wrong idea here. I'm straight and not trying to hide my manhood but when people are starting to notice it and making comments (not only my sister) about it, then I think there should be something done about it.

Thanks

that is cool looking!

are you sure you dont have goiter?

just kidding. i wouldnt mind having that. i think it's rad.

tm1776

Reaction score
person who said "ewww"

this is the worst reply ever to someone asking for help. Immature.

I have the same problem. But I'm starting not to care anymore.

SonofSAM

Reaction score
Man part of what makes your adam's apply look so big is your esophagus, which is the tube that carries air and food into your body is more prominent. You have a really skinny neck, I have the same problem but have been working out my neck to build muscle around it. After doing that for awhile you should be able to feel muscle starting to form on the sides and only the part were it is just bone will be the part stick out once you have build a firm neck.

Try working out your neck 3 times a week. Here is a good website that will teach you 4 simple ways to work out your neck with just your hands
biggrin.gif
Trust me you'll feel the burn too.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...6/ai_n13785820

And FYI do not let it get to you, My neck is Skinny and it makes my apple look larger but if experience has taught me anything Women do not care about your adam's apple. I've been told by some that they like it. Makes my voice deep and manly ..so I take pride in my voice cause I know I do not sound like a little girl when I talk.

Trust me Women find a deep voice very sexy :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads