Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Adams apple

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by oxide, May 21, 2006.

1. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

A lot of situations of late seem to have been deserving of your frankness. But I'm just a pussyfooter...

2. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

ok i spoke to a doctor (my dad) and he said that its to do with me still growing and my voice mutating, also that with time as I'm growing my neck will get fuller and it'll not look that big.

3. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

But I'm just a pussy...

Yes I know, it's ok.

4. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Rather that than have testicles on the mind, tongue, and fingers when scanning this forum.

5. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

Chin, dont forget chin.

6. wonderor

wonderor New Member

have you ever tried singing? sing rock music, ussualy people with large adams apple have a much better singing voice than a person with a small adams apple.

7. Matt

Matt [email protected]

you really have to learn to start chewing your golf balls before you swallow

8. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

you really have to learn to start chewing your golf balls before you swallow

ROFLMAO hahaha i actually LOLed on this one.

9. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

ok i spoke to a doctor (my dad) and he said that its to do with me still growing and my voice mutating, also that with time as I'm growing my neck will get fuller and it'll not look that big.

Why didn't you ask Dr. Dad about this before turning to a forum filled with smartasses?

10. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

I knew what he was going to say. I wanted to hear if you lot have any ideas for me. I expected more sensible replies but the replies have helped.

11. aaabc125

aaabc125 New Member

Saw the pic just a moment ago--I don't think I have seen a larger adam's apple in my life. One thing for sure, it will be huge all of your life. Is the problem that people tease you to make you self-conscious? Make the situation better, by thinking of it as an attribute. It must be difficult swallowing.

12. endobooth

endobooth New Member

I happen to have the exact same problem. Many don't know how serious it is when you are often looked at from a side angle and even though they don't mean any harm commenting on it, it still hurts to know that a part of your body is considered an abnormality, or at least treated like it. A trachea shave, if you must, is somewhere around $2000 - $4000 (I'd rather not). I have tried to correct my posture, and keeping your chin up helps a bit. Still, it continues to haunt me. NO difficulties swallowing for the smartasses, just a bunch of you judgemental faggots staring and pointing. I have read about neck exercises to thicken that shit, but have not seen any results in hiding the lump.... actually, no results at all. Has anyone followed through with neck exercises and seen a "reduction" in their apples? [​IMG]

13. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Seriously, you should ask on some transgender forums. With so many people trying to look female it means everyone there would have your same problem in a way.

14. endobooth

endobooth New Member

Not trying to look like a female, fool. I wouldn't mind having an adam's apple if it wasn't so big.

15. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I was trying to help out, so try not to be so rude and immature.