1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Adams apple

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by oxide, May 21, 2006.

1. wonderor

wonderor New Member

have you ever tried singing? sing rock music, ussualy people with large adams apple have a much better singing voice than a person with a small adams apple.

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

you really have to learn to start chewing your golf balls before you swallow

3. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

you really have to learn to start chewing your golf balls before you swallow

ROFLMAO hahaha i actually LOLed on this one.

4. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

ok i spoke to a doctor (my dad) and he said that its to do with me still growing and my voice mutating, also that with time as I'm growing my neck will get fuller and it'll not look that big.

Why didn't you ask Dr. Dad about this before turning to a forum filled with smartasses?

5. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

I knew what he was going to say. I wanted to hear if you lot have any ideas for me. I expected more sensible replies but the replies have helped.

6. aaabc125

aaabc125 New Member

Saw the pic just a moment ago--I don't think I have seen a larger adam's apple in my life. One thing for sure, it will be huge all of your life. Is the problem that people tease you to make you self-conscious? Make the situation better, by thinking of it as an attribute. It must be difficult swallowing.

7. endobooth

endobooth New Member

I happen to have the exact same problem. Many don't know how serious it is when you are often looked at from a side angle and even though they don't mean any harm commenting on it, it still hurts to know that a part of your body is considered an abnormality, or at least treated like it. A trachea shave, if you must, is somewhere around $2000 - $4000 (I'd rather not). I have tried to correct my posture, and keeping your chin up helps a bit. Still, it continues to haunt me. NO difficulties swallowing for the smartasses, just a bunch of you judgemental faggots staring and pointing. I have read about neck exercises to thicken that shit, but have not seen any results in hiding the lump.... actually, no results at all. Has anyone followed through with neck exercises and seen a "reduction" in their apples? [​IMG]

8. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Seriously, you should ask on some transgender forums. With so many people trying to look female it means everyone there would have your same problem in a way.

9. endobooth

endobooth New Member

Not trying to look like a female, fool. I wouldn't mind having an adam's apple if it wasn't so big.

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I was trying to help out, so try not to be so rude and immature.

11. quevola

quevola Senior member

It seems to me that this "problem" is more common in ultra thin males. I had a more prominent Adam's apple when I was younger and thin as a rail. It has diminished with age and added pounds. If you are thin, maybe try gaining a little weight through weight training and healthy eating.

12. thepataphysician

thepataphysician Senior member

you could try to do the neck exercise that boxers do. they either tie a cloth around their head, hang a weight from it, and do reps or tie rope with a weight to a football mouthguard and do reps with that. even if it doesnt make your adams apple smaller, it will make you tough as nails.

13. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Don`t be so self conscious about it. Who cares if you have a large adams apple?

If you receive stupid comments about it, view it as an opportunity to learn how to deal with stupid people.

14. endobooth

endobooth New Member

Hmmm.... I'll try to keep that in mind [​IMG]

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I can't even feel mine.

16. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

wow big deal. Mow some lawns, save up your pennies and get surgery performed on it. You're thin, have good skin, and probably look fine. Right now it looks as if you have a testicle lodged in your throat, just get rid of it if that bothers you and you'll be fine.

There are people who pay a lot of money to get that done to them.

It seems to me that this “problem” is more common in ultra thin males. I had a more prominent Adam’s apple when I was younger and thin as a rail. It has diminished with age and added pounds. If you are thin, maybe try gaining a little weight through weight training and healthy eating.

Seriously, you look like you weigh under 100 lbs. Don't know your age but while a 26 waist is wonderful when you want to look like a heroin addict in expensive jeans, you are a man and at least a handful of times in your life you are going to be "tested", those aren't the times when you want to be a 92 lb adult.

I can't even feel mine.

You are such a soothing person.

17. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Hey

I seem to have a huge pointy adams apple. It looks like it's coming out more than it should and when I press it it goes back a bit. My older sister keeps saying I should have my head forward more to hide my adams apple. I'm trying to do it but having head forward is something I'm not used to. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Some ppl may get the wrong idea here. I'm straight and not trying to hide my manhood but when people are starting to notice it and making comments (not only my sister) about it, then I think there should be something done about it.

Thanks

that is cool looking!

are you sure you dont have goiter?

just kidding. i wouldnt mind having that. i think it's rad.

18. tm1776

tm1776 New Member

person who said "ewww"

this is the worst reply ever to someone asking for help. Immature.

I have the same problem. But I'm starting not to care anymore.

19. SonofSAM

SonofSAM New Member

Man part of what makes your adam's apply look so big is your esophagus, which is the tube that carries air and food into your body is more prominent. You have a really skinny neck, I have the same problem but have been working out my neck to build muscle around it. After doing that for awhile you should be able to feel muscle starting to form on the sides and only the part were it is just bone will be the part stick out once you have build a firm neck.

Try working out your neck 3 times a week. Here is a good website that will teach you 4 simple ways to work out your neck with just your hands [​IMG] Trust me you'll feel the burn too.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...6/ai_n13785820

And FYI do not let it get to you, My neck is Skinny and it makes my apple look larger but if experience has taught me anything Women do not care about your adam's apple. I've been told by some that they like it. Makes my voice deep and manly ..so I take pride in my voice cause I know I do not sound like a little girl when I talk.

Trust me Women find a deep voice very sexy :p