• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Anyone have a solid reppe swatch set they would mind sending my way? I've got a diamond weave, solid grossa grenadine, and cashmere up for grabs via PM.

Edit: Sorry, should have been more clear. I've got swatch sets for those who want them. Not ties.

Last edited:

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have a solid reppe swatch set they would mind sending my way? I've got a diamond weave, solid grossa grenadine, and cashmere up for grabs via PM.
Edit: Sorry, should have been more clear. I've got swatch sets for those who want them. Not ties.

If you have the grenadine swatch set I will take that. PM sent.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Alan,
Actually, I think it has been more than a few years as we have been in Thailand for almost 5 years and we became friends when we were in Denver.
I hope that you enjoy your tie.
We just moved to Chiang Mai which has a very different feeling than Bangkok.
It is the second city of Thailand but it is nowhere near as big as Bangkok and is much friendlier.
The culture here has a very nice feeling a little bit like living in a southern city.

I have heard that Chiang Mai is an awesome city. I hear it is cecoming artsy and such. I'd love to get out there at some point. My girlfriend is spending a couple days there next week actually before going to Cambodia.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Calidist,

We probably do have swatch sets of the solid reppes - but we are not finished moving yet hence the delay - my apologies...
Sometime next week all will be well again.
Also we have many, many new silks in the works.

Sounds exciting David! Can't wait to see the new silks.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have the garza fina swatches, and I am ready to send them out to the next interested person. Of course, with the obligation to pass them along. First person who sends me a PM "wins."

My choices out of the batch: Royal Blue, Sage Green, Dark Chocolate (or may have been bitter), Silver/Charcoal. All four are stunning!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And GONE! My work here is done.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
When should we expect to see these new silks? Don't leave me in suspense too long :bounce2:

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
David, enjoy, I just took my family to chang mai for vacation, we had a blast

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any difference between the shape or size of knots produced by 6-fold and 3-fold ties? I'm planning on making an order soon, but can't decide wether to go with 3 or 6. I've got a 6-fold and the knot is perfect. Just wondering if there will be a big difference going down to 3-fold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads