• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A few words or sentence that best summarizes these brands:

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
this should not be in here-
should be in the jeans and streetwear forum sorry

I am having a big trouble and getting a good picture of all these jean brand names and what best accomodates my preferences in their various models and such.
Hard to search and skim through 30+ pages on 5 EP or what have you to get the essence of what i need to find out.

I already know about the mall brands: diesel, etc.

How about

5EP-

Eternal-

Jean Shop-

KMW-

Dior-

Iron Heart-

Can you add a small sentence that gets to the gist of this brand name, feel free to add others, or add a model name under the brand name to focus on . (anything that is slim thigh , straight leg or boot cut. raw or washed. sorry , i dont have a preference for classic cut jeans or skinny leg jeans)

for example:
7FAM- "terrible fabric, only a deal if under 50 dollars, always use elastane , known for etc etc"
A Pocket- that is a good one...

i dont know something like that above. thanks, no?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brian, if you aren't looking for a skinny leg jean, why do you keep posting about quite possibly the skinniest jean anyone other than shell has ever worn on this forum (SSK)?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
what i mean is, it can be the skinniest in the thigh region. i dont care about that. i am concerned about the tapering around the lower leg. that is what i am referring to the slim thigh, straight leg or boot cut.

whatever, more and more i read all this that i type i am beginning to sound more like josepdial
never mind this thread

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously, this isn't that hard.

If you want an American jean, get the KMW 1980 or 5EPxSF. If you want a Japanese jean, get the FH 3001 or Somet Straight.

End of story.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
what i mean is, it can be the skinniest in the thigh region. i dont care about that. i am concerned about the tapering around the lower leg. that is what i am referring to the slim thigh, straight leg or boot cut.

whatever, more and more i read all this that i type i am beginning to sound more like josepdial
never mind this thread

A picture is worth 1000 words.

Nudie Super Slim Kim:
nudie_slimkim.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
ok i already saw that pic before. so that is not straight leg but skinny leg. so that is out. i never mentioned slim kim in the beginning of this thread.

??

You keep talking about it in the other thread. Just don't mention that jean ever again, unless you're buying it for your wife. It's not only a skinny jean, it's a WOMAN's skinny jean.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyways, KMW 1980 or Somet straight fit would be the easiest to get. You could just get whatever you wear in other jeans and be done with it, open the package, and wear them.

FH 3001 is an unsanforized jean so it has to be soaked before wearing, and the 5EPxSF is going to be a little tricky to size, I would recommend one of the first two. You can get the 1980 with free shipping and 20% off from Denim Bar, and that might be the way to go. Somets are great as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads