• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Crappy Situation

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Hmm, you don't have much vacation and you're planning to take most of it without her, no wonder she's pissed (spare me the parts about rationality, no one uses that in a relationship).
If that were true I wouldn't think pre-nups should exist.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
So, my gf flips out and cries all night, and says how can I go to Beijing for so long without her, for my whole vacation (it's 5~7 whole/partial days away out of 11) and that I definitely don't' care about her. She says let's break up when I try and talk to her, two times, and refuses to see that I don't really have a choice. My brother wouldn't allow me to go for less time, and if I canceled the trip, he would blame my GF for it and never forgive her- not a good start since I was planning on marrying her. So, yeah. ****. What the ****.

A GF/BF should NEVER use breaking up as an ultimatum or leverage in a fight. That's an instant deal-breaker for me, it shows how little she values the relationship, especially with such an immature argument, I mean we are talking about less than a week here.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
A GF/BF should NEVER use breaking up as an ultimatum or leverage in a fight. That's an instant deal-breaker for me, it shows how little she values the relationship, especially with such an immature argument, I mean we are talking about less than a week here.

+ like, a million.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tell her shes being marsupialed. and completely unreasonable. its not your fault your so manly and good looking that she cant take not being with you for 5 days or whatever.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
tell her shes being marsupialed. and completely unreasonable. its not your fault your so manly and good looking that she cant take not being with you for 5 days or whatever.
+1

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree with everybody else

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
what will be the consequences of ending the relationship on your business?
deadhorse-a.gif
Eason, I had a gf that would do much the same thing. If I couldn't see her on a weekend she'd freak out and make life a fcking misery. Thing is, if she makes a threat and you back down, you can bet your arse she will use it again. Tell her you need some time to yourself to think, go on your holiday, have a great time and speak to her when you get back mate.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Ok she's pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm leaving regardless of what she says, but she isn't any happier about it and is still swinging from resignation to suddenly bitching and arguments. But now she's complaining that she can't feel I love her and she feels empty... all because I rejected her offer to stay there for 5 days. Yaaaaaaaaawn. edit: okay I was able to communicate that I understand that she is angry and annoyed that she can't go with me, and that I would also be angry and annoyed in her situation- but she seems to think that this means I just have to stand with her being annoyed and angry all the time until I get back.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And what do you care if she is angry and annoyed while your away? ... man you can add me to the list of guys that are feeling irate with her at the moment!

rxcats

Reaction score
Your girlfriend is being completely unreasonable, but I think everyone else has already said that. She should say she is sorry she wasn't able to go, but you should go see your brother and have fun. It isn't fair of her to take that away from you.

Maybe she could go if you invite SoCal and get him to pick up the whole trip. I am not sure where she would sleep though; SoCal would probably get her an adjoining room. There might be some strings attached to such an arrangement, but they would effect you more than your girlfriend. She might want to wear ear plugs.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Situation resolved! She finally came to terms with the fact she was being crazy and unreasonable due to many factors.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Situation resolved! She finally came to terms with the fact she was being crazy and unreasonable due to many factors.

Good. Now give her a good lay to congratulate her on comin back to sanity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads