• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you check my feature on this new suit?

Bong Su Hyun

Reaction score
Hello, Dear gentlemen. Sorry for my bad English.
I want to ask you for this new tobacco-linen suit.
This is bespoke suit made in Korea, My beloved shop.
Can you advice for next suit?
Does it too-big or small?
If I had some point to make some modification?
Thanks a lot
best regards.

KakaoTalk_20200815_203338103_10.jpg
KakaoTalk_20200815_203338103_09.jpg
KakaoTalk_20200815_203338103_07.jpg

JackEst3

Reaction score
The fit seems very good, at least from the pictures: the suit has generally got nice, clean lines, the collar sits on the neck, length seems good, etc.

One thing to note though: the shoulders seem to extend past your natural shoulders. This isn't wrong, but if the suit has very light shoulder padding (which yours seems to have, although you know better, obviously), it can start drooping downwards over time. Again, that's not necessarily wrong, and some even like it on a more casual suit like linen.

There are things that you can change on a future commission, but these are more stylistic preferences, things that don't have right or wrong answers. For example buttoning point or trouser rise. These come down to your own preferences, so the main question is: are you happy with how the suit turned out?

That said, you do have a very well fitting bespoke suit and you seem to have found a great tailor!

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pants look great. In general looks good. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is your shoulders.

The right sleeve looks like it has some bunching possibly in the armpit. Though this could be because you have a short sleeved polo on?

Also - I feel like the right shoulder and left shoulder were done by...people w/ different aesthetic tastes. Maybe I'm insane, but the right shoulder looks like its got a lot more ripple going on at the point where the sleeve meets the jacket.

This could be misconstrued as some as trying to imitate a spalla effect, but I believe shoulder rippling is determined by arm hole rotation and other factors. A tailor would be able to give more insight.

TL;DR - I feel like there is something going on w/ the right shoulder / arm hole that is not right.

I would also take some photos w/ a long sleeved shirt on.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk