• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Tuxedo Advice

Kasn

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time posting here, and I was in need of some advice.

I am getting married soon and was in the market for a Tux, having been to most major stores in my city. A Tux from Dior caught my Eye and fit me perfectly well, while giving a slim cut. However, it costs around $3800. On the other end, I tried a Tux from Hugo Boss which would cost around $1700. This Tux gave me a rather baggy apprecance even though there was very little to cut back.

I wanted advise from anyone on which one to select. As the Dior one is quite a bit of money, and not something to be worn outside of weddings. I have provided images of each, with the ack one being Hugo Boss, and the blue being Dior

Thank You in Advance

Attachments

• IMG_20191122_220810.jpg
    IMG_20191122_220810.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20191122_213929__01.jpg
    IMG_20191122_213929__01.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 78

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first of all, welcome and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

it's impossible to say much about how well these tuxedos fit you from these photos. Mirror selfies with you holding the phone (so your arms are bent and obscuring the view of the jacket and sleeves), jacket unbuttoned, no views from the side/rear.

$3800 is a lot for a RTW tuxedo even though Dior construction is good. $1700 for Boss is overpriced. Have you tried Zegna or Canali?

Kasn

Reaction score
first of all, welcome and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

it's impossible to say much about how well these tuxedos fit you from these photos. Mirror selfies with you holding the phone (so your arms are bent and obscuring the view of the jacket and sleeves), jacket unbuttoned, no views from the side/rear.

$3800 is a lot for a RTW tuxedo even though Dior construction is good. $1700 for Boss is overpriced. Have you tried Zegna or Canali?

Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I did try zegna actually and the fit wasn't really great on the ready to wear options so the gentleman at the store suggested to go for MTM. Which would be much more expensive. Canali in my city doesn't have many great options, unfortunately.

Would you suggest maybe Armani or Corneliani?

Thank You.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Corneliani. Less of a fan of Armani. This is just with regards to construction quality versus price. Fit of course matters the most. Do any stores where you live carry Caruso?

Kasn

Reaction score
I like Corneliani. Less of a fan of Armani. This is just with regards to construction quality versus price. Fit of course matters the most. Do any stores where you live carry Caruso?
I can check out Corneliani as they have it in a few malls here, unfortunately Caruso is not there. We have Kiton and Isaia, but they are significantly marked up vs Europe or United States over here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads