• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wedding Tuxedo Advice

Kasn

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time posting here, and I was in need of some advice.

I am getting married soon and was in the market for a Tux, having been to most major stores in my city. A Tux from Dior caught my Eye and fit me perfectly well, while giving a slim cut. However, it costs around $3800. On the other end, I tried a Tux from Hugo Boss which would cost around $1700. This Tux gave me a rather baggy apprecance even though there was very little to cut back.

I wanted advise from anyone on which one to select. As the Dior one is quite a bit of money, and not something to be worn outside of weddings. I have provided images of each, with the ack one being Hugo Boss, and the blue being Dior

Thank You in Advance

Attachments

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first of all, welcome and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

it's impossible to say much about how well these tuxedos fit you from these photos. Mirror selfies with you holding the phone (so your arms are bent and obscuring the view of the jacket and sleeves), jacket unbuttoned, no views from the side/rear.

$3800 is a lot for a RTW tuxedo even though Dior construction is good. $1700 for Boss is overpriced. Have you tried Zegna or Canali?

Kasn

Reaction score
first of all, welcome and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

it's impossible to say much about how well these tuxedos fit you from these photos. Mirror selfies with you holding the phone (so your arms are bent and obscuring the view of the jacket and sleeves), jacket unbuttoned, no views from the side/rear.

$3800 is a lot for a RTW tuxedo even though Dior construction is good. $1700 for Boss is overpriced. Have you tried Zegna or Canali?
Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I did try zegna actually and the fit wasn't really great on the ready to wear options so the gentleman at the store suggested to go for MTM. Which would be much more expensive. Canali in my city doesn't have many great options, unfortunately.

Would you suggest maybe Armani or Corneliani?

Thank You.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Corneliani. Less of a fan of Armani. This is just with regards to construction quality versus price. Fit of course matters the most. Do any stores where you live carry Caruso?

Kasn

Reaction score
I like Corneliani. Less of a fan of Armani. This is just with regards to construction quality versus price. Fit of course matters the most. Do any stores where you live carry Caruso?
I can check out Corneliani as they have it in a few malls here, unfortunately Caruso is not there. We have Kiton and Isaia, but they are significantly marked up vs Europe or United States over here.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40