• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x Styleforum jean: poll and opinions

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I must have weird proportions or something. At 6' and a 34 inch inseam, my jeans just barely hit the floor without shoes. That length is passable with boots, but i'd rather not with sneakers.

Oh well though, if these don't turn out long enough I'm sure the Self Edge collabs will.

You must be all legs. I'm very close to 6'2" and my 32" inseams stack... I hemmed my Svens to exactly touch the ground barefoot (about 31.25")

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I must have weird proportions or something. At 6' and a 34 inch inseam, my jeans just barely hit the floor without shoes. That length is passable with boots, but i'd rather not with sneakers.

Oh well though, if these don't turn out long enough I'm sure the Self Edge collabs will.

I think that it's probably a combination of 2 things - long legs, and you tend to wear your jeans higher on your torso than a lot of guys due to your physiogonomy. I am 5'11", and my 33"+ inseam 5EPs definitely stack.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Wow, I'm really excited about these now. Sounds like my ideal cut by one of the best brands out there. I'm going to have to start setting some money aside right now!

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One idea for a unique detail: the 5ep patch is an very blonde and flat leather. How about a unique leather for the patch? Something like pig skin or goat skin? Maybe also branding or stamping the 5ep <==> symbol into the patch.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
One idea for a unique detail: the 5ep patch is an very blonde and flat leather. How about a unique leather for the patch? Something like pig skin or goat skin? Maybe also branding or stamping the 5ep <==> symbol into the patch.

I think that I am going to go with stealth branding only. The details will be more or less all 5EP, but the cut will be exclusively ours, and there will be a stamp on the front pocket.

I personally really like the 5EP patch, and the way it constrasts with the red stitching and unique denim color and complements the pale yellow thread used for much of the stitching.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that I am going to go with stealth branding only. The details will be more or less all 5EP, but the cut will be exclusively ours, and there will be a stamp on the front pocket.

I personally really like the 5EP patch, and the way it constrasts with the red stitching and unique denim color and complements the pale yellow thread used for much of the stitching.

I like the regular patch too but I thought you were looking for some small changes other than cut to set these apart. Frankly, a slimmish fit without any bootcut below the knee + 5ep quality and denim is enough for me.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll let other people agonize over the details. I just think the cut sounds perfect and would jump at the chance to get a deal on these.

RCastle

Reaction score
If I had a dollar for everyone who commented on my straight down, resin one wash in 33W 32L - they really open people's eyes to what quality denim can look and feel like.

I'd be interested in a slightly lower rise, straight leg or slightly tapered leg. I don't cuff, thwak, stack or whatever, anything between 32 and 33 inch leg is perfect. I like the sound of what LA Guy and Brian have described so far.

I want these to make me keep my stomach honest. I want these (like all other brands if i'm honest) to be so damn good I have to lay down stocks for my old age.

Dill

Reaction score
I like the regular patch too but I thought you were looking for some small changes other than cut to set these apart. Frankly, a slimmish fit without any bootcut below the knee + 5ep quality and denim is enough for me.

But how will we recognize each other on the street? I think we should have STYLE written down the front of the left leg and FORVM on the right in big bold white letters. And maybe a large "DOT COM" on the ass. If I have time later I will make a mock up of my idea.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Frankly, a slimmish fit without any bootcut below the knee + 5ep quality and denim is enough for me.

this works for me, I don't care about inseam length since I'll just hem them.

def count me in on this wagon.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I think you should paint &quot;F#CK YOUR FORUM&quot; in styleforum-red across the butt. Oh, and a hammerloop. Definitely a hammerloop.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I think you should paint "F#CK YOUR FORUM" in styleforum-red across the butt. Oh, and a hammerloop. Definitely a hammerloop.

Your suggestions have been received and are under consideration.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: the jeans are a go. Look for them in late summer/early fall (We are hoping to have them for July/August. I will update with news, perhaps pictures of samples, details, and so on, as they become available.

The jeans will be available through Denim Bar, Styleforum directly, and in some other internet and brick and mortar outlets, to be revealed in time. You can thank Godmother of 5EP for doing this for us and Mauro of Denim Bar fame for sponsoring the project to a large degree.

I hope that you guys are as stoked on the idea as I am.

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads