1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

$500/month cash towards a car...what to do?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Lizard23, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Lizard23

Lizard23 Well-Known Member

As posted above, my parking, gas, tolls, all other incidentals are paid for on TOP of the $500/month. I currently pay 545/month for parking and I expense this without any issue. The $500 just needs to cover monthly car payment (or lease) and insurance. It is ridiculous to say I am going to have to pay out of pocket "no matter what" as I can lease a camry for 200/month + 100/month insurance and pocket 200/month

Yes, i live in manhattan, and need the car for work. In what capacity i need the car is of no relevance to the original question which is....

If you had 500/month (tax free) for a car and insurance, what kind of car would you buy/lease?

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Distinguished Member

a camry and pocket 200

3. milosz

milosz Distinguished Member

I'd go even smaller than a Camry, if you don't need marque to impress people. The Scion coupe/sedan (tC?) or a Honda Civic.

4. Monaco

Monaco Senior Member

If you're going to be stuck in traffic all the time, might as well do it in the most comfortable premium luxury brand, Lexus. Go lease a new GS.

[​IMG]

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

500 a month for a car and insurance isn't much. In Brooklyn my insurance is almost $150. I drive a Volvo S60 at $339 a month, so I'm in your budget. Its a nice car, not quite as bling as some of the other suggestions but its not a Camry. I'd even size down and go to an s40 or one of those c30 coupes.

6. username79

username79 Distinguished Member

Dont get a BMW. Everyone has a BMW and half of those people are self indulgent weiners.
    I bet that you don't have a BMW. Recommend Camry 2.5 SE. Good looking car, inexpensive, reliable, best interior fit and finish in its class. Only car for the money that comes with a nice set of 17" wheels and decent V-rated tires.

7. Lizard23

Lizard23 Well-Known Member

Thank you all. Very helpful. I agree about 350/month for the car alone is prob my max. Now just have to shop around.

8. audiophilia

audiophilia Distinguished Member

BMW 328i

Hell yeah.

9. audiophilia

audiophilia Distinguished Member

Dont get a BMW. Everyone has a BMW and half of those people are self indulgent weiners.

You complete, utter plonker.

Are you this guy?

[​IMG]

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

11. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

500 a month for a car and insurance isn't much. In Brooklyn my insurance is almost $150. I drive a Volvo S60 at $339 a month, so I'm in your budget. Its a nice car, not quite as bling as some of the other suggestions but its not a Camry. I'd even size down and go to an s40 or one of those c30 coupes.

I also live in Brooklyn, my insurance is a painful $140/month for '00 Corrolla. NY has high accident rates and extremely tort happy. With the leftover cash, I recommend a Honda Fit (~$200-250) and pocketing the rest.

12. DNW

DNW Stylish Dinosaur

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You're the one with the tattoo??

I keed...I keed...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nah, me and guidos are on the opposite side of haole-hood. [​IMG]

14. visionology

visionology Distinguished Member

Last time I checked an Audi a5 was around $475 a month lease...

15. username79

username79 Distinguished Member

If you're going to be stuck in traffic all the time, might as well do it in the most comfortable premium luxury brand, Lexus. Go lease a new GS. [​IMG]
    This chromed striped period blood colored jelly bean is hideous on many levels, inside, out, and in how it drives. They don't sell too many of these to the non-AARP set.