• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$500/month cash towards a car...what to do?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
This chromed striped period blood colored jelly bean is hideous on many levels, inside, out, and in how it drives. They don't sell too many of these to the non-AARP set.

Where's the thread **** smiley link?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This chromed striped period blood colored jelly bean is hideous on many levels, inside, out, and in how it drives. They don't sell too many of these to the non-AARP set.

I'm surprised you haven't posted a picture of your minivan yet.

6448.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr
I think we should add this smiley to the list of standard smileys.

Agreed. :user69:

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump (Update): Thanks for all the replies. I was able to lease an Audi A4, nicely equipped for $505/month with insurance cost factored in.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lizard23
Bump (Update): Thanks for all the replies. I was able to lease an Audi A4, nicely equipped for $505/month with insurance cost factored in.

Sounds like a good choice. Enjoy!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Color? Pics?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice. Did that deal require a down payment? I guess you got the Premium trim Quattro with Tiptronic and heated seats? That's the model dealers like to push here.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was zero down, but I did pay the taxes, dealer fees, DMV fees for new plates, etc. upfront. Came to $2800. Lease payment on the car is $430/month and, inexplicably, Geico gave me insurance for $80/month to cover both me and my wife (I paid for 6 months at once). It will be even cheaper once I take a defensive driving course (mine had expired and I didn't realize it). The next closest insurance company was quoting me around $130 for the same level of coverage. I was very surprised by this. Living in NYC, I was figuring at least $150/month for full coverage.

Dmax, you are correct, Premium trim quattro with pearlized paint, heated seats, blue-tooth, Ipod Interface, and some extra chrome detailing (that I could care less about but looks nice) that they threw in because the car they had available happened to have it.

Oh, and it is meteor gray with black leather. Sorry, no pics yet.

I am very happy with it thus far.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Looks like you got a great deal, getting the car at invoice or very close to it.

You may already know this - you can take the NYS defensive driving class on-line. I've been meaning to do so myself for a while now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads