1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

$500/month cash towards a car...what to do?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Lizard23, Mar 11, 2010.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Bump (Update): Thanks for all the replies. I was able to lease an Audi A4, nicely equipped for $505/month with insurance cost factored in.

Color? Pics?

2. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Bump (Update): Thanks for all the replies. I was able to lease an Audi A4, nicely equipped for $505/month with insurance cost factored in.
    Good choice. Did that deal require a down payment? I guess you got the Premium trim Quattro with Tiptronic and heated seats? That's the model dealers like to push here.

3. Lizard23

Lizard23 Well-Known Member

That was zero down, but I did pay the taxes, dealer fees, DMV fees for new plates, etc. upfront. Came to $2800. Lease payment on the car is $430/month and, inexplicably, Geico gave me insurance for $80/month to cover both me and my wife (I paid for 6 months at once). It will be even cheaper once I take a defensive driving course (mine had expired and I didn't realize it). The next closest insurance company was quoting me around $130 for the same level of coverage. I was very surprised by this. Living in NYC, I was figuring at least $150/month for full coverage.

Dmax, you are correct, Premium trim quattro with pearlized paint, heated seats, blue-tooth, Ipod Interface, and some extra chrome detailing (that I could care less about but looks nice) that they threw in because the car they had available happened to have it.

Oh, and it is meteor gray with black leather. Sorry, no pics yet.

I am very happy with it thus far.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^ Sounds good. Enjoy!

5. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Congrats. Looks like you got a great deal, getting the car at invoice or very close to it.

You may already know this - you can take the NYS defensive driving class on-line. I've been meaning to do so myself for a while now.