38L - the DEFINITIVE thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sebastian_Flyte, May 30, 2009.

1. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Nice thread. If anyone's looking for some inexpensive excellent condition suits around 36L - 38L just check out the B&S link in my signature. Thanks!

2. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

3. cheyrou

cheyrou Well-Known Member

Do you think that an average 40L can be tailored to fit someone who wears 38L?

4. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

No. Don't waste your money.

5. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

+1.
    (Its a short thread.)

6. cheyrou

this sucks! i need a suit, I can hardly find a 38L that both looks good and fits my paltry budget! This shit is rediculous! I want some clothes that freaking fit! Does it mean anything that I have sort of broad shoulders (19.5" top to top) and very long sleeves? The suit would be slim fitted. I have really big latino man hips. And I have large thighs for a 138lb human. I really just want to be told that i'm going to find this ba suit for <300usd then get some alterations done for like nothing and look really good.

7. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

You're 138 lbs? I don't see how it is possible how you can be a long at that weight? That would mean your at least six foot. For the record I'm 6'2" and universally where a reg.

Tell the forum the area you live in so they can suggest retailers.

8. cheyrou

I'm 6'4.75" and weigh 138lbs. im really thin, i have fairly broad structure though. I am quite skinny but I am in fine shape. I live in Baton Rouge, perhaps the fattest city of the fattest region. I would really appreciate if anyone familiar with my area could tell me of retailers carrying 38L's in regular supply.

9. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

I'm 6'4.75" and weigh 138lbs. im really thin, i have fairly broad structure though. I am quite skinny but I am in fine shape. I live in Baton Rouge, perhaps the fattest city of the fattest region. I would really appreciate if anyone familiar with my area could tell me of retailers carrying 38L's in regular supply.

[​IMG]

10. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

Does anyone happen to know whether the Marks & Spencer "Luxury" line is canvassed?

For instance,

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Luxur...Brand=core&rh=

includes the ad copy "The traditional construction moulds to your body shape for a more natural fit," which makes it sound at least partially canvassed.

11. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

Does anyone know any brands who supply longsized trousers? pref slim legs, flat front and low waisted. I have fairy long legs, and on top of that like to get the pants cuffed.

G

12. Sebastian_Flyte

Sebastian_Flyte Senior member

read the thread, man!

walk into Mens Wearhouse and get a Kenneth Cole. It won't be armani but it'll look good enough.

Marks and Spencer.

13. wsblend

wsblend Well-Known Member

I would really appreciate if anyone familiar with my area could tell me of retailers carrying 38L's in regular supply.

In addition to Men's Wearhouse, you can also check out JC Penney, who sells entry-level suits for about $200. Others will scoff as these are, to be sure, entry level "sack" suits, but I'm just throwing out this recommendation as JCP will ship to your doorstep, free, if you use one of their many shipping promotional codes.

So JCP is an option if you want it fast, convenient, cheap.

If you have more patience and discriminating tastes, check out Mark & Spencer. I want to order from them and will when I can accept that I'll have to pay about $25 shipping to my doorstep and probably the same for return shipping for whatever I don't want to keep.

14. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

15. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

In addition to Men's Wearhouse, you can also check out JC Penney, who sells entry-level suits for about $200. Others will scoff as these are, to be sure, entry level "sack" suits, but I'm just throwing out this recommendation as JCP will ship to your doorstep, free, if you use one of their many shipping promotional codes.

So JCP is an option if you want it fast, convenient, cheap.

If you have more patience and discriminating tastes, check out Mark & Spencer. I want to order from them and will when I can accept that I'll have to pay about $25 shipping to my doorstep and probably the same for return shipping for whatever I don't want to keep.

Does JCP even offer a 38L?