• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2007 Edward Green Sales Thread

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeRe
35 Pounds, cut to measure, plus shipping.

Great deal! Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
i was considering

Ashby 606 9 E
Chelsea dark brown croc 9E

and

hythe 82 9.5D

my first choice was hythe since it is 82 and burgundy but did not like the captoe across it.

backups were ashby and chelsea croc, but i dont like croc with a seam on the side and i dont like dark brown croc.
ashby is good but i dont like the fact it is in single sole.

so all in all. i am thankful they were sold out.

They told me this morning that the Ashby 9E was still available. I may grab the Welland in the same size.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Having secured a couple of pairs when the sale started, I have just spoken with Valerie to make sure they also send my MTOs out at the same time (which apparently have been sitting in the shop since the 3rd December, unbeknown to me). I also wanted to order shoe trees for each.

They still have some belts on sale; mostly in chestnut if anyone is interested. Valerie tells me they are expecting additional sales stock from the factory in the new year.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To those with experience - what is the usual shipping time to the US for sale shoes? Do they arrive within a week or two after ordering?

jjl5000

Reaction score
The store usually wait until the sale is finished before shipping. By the time they reach the US, I would have thought it would be the end of Jan at best.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Did anyone go for black shoes? I went for a black pair of Churchill in last 82.
Yeah...black Carnegies on the 888 last. Before the sale, my impression had been that the Carnegie was a patent-leather shoe (something I'm definitely not fond of). Then a post on here (or maybe it was Ask Andy) implied that they might be available in calf. So I got in touch with Valerie (I guess that's who it was), and found they had a pair of Carnegies that didn't have the cemented soles attributed to them by one forumer, but instead a standard single leather sole--with the standard welted EG construction. Valerie described them as basically Chelseas without the toe cap. I had wanted a high-end pair of more-formal black shoes, and these filled the bill. Here's a picture that Valerie sent me (mine are 9E UK):

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Yeah...black Carnegies on the 888 last. Before the sale, my impression had been that the Carnegie was a patent-leather shoe (something I'm definitely not fond of). Then a post on here (or maybe it was Ask Andy) implied that they might be available in calf. So I got in touch with Valerie (I guess that's who it was), and found they had a pair of Carnegies that didn't have the cemented soles attributed to them by one forumer, but instead a standard single leather sole--with the standard welted EG construction. Valerie described them as basically Chelseas without the toe cap. I had wanted a high-end pair of more-formal black shoes, and these filled the bill. Here's a picture that Valerie sent me (mine are 9E UK):

Those look very good Roger. Congats!

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by observer
Seems the Styleforum has lost interest in the EG sale for now
Yeah, is this year uninspired? I see aportnoy going for TWO pairs, and no one has made a serious charge. Credit crunch woes?
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads