• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2007 Edward Green Sales Thread

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
oh. man, i would have loved it in a double sole.

do you prefer single sole or double? i usually like double soles on all my shoes due to the substantiality.

I generally agree and quite often with MTO will opt for the HAF sole treatment. Though, for sleeker models, I go with the single. I just ordered a MTO Newmarket Chelsea boot in burnt pine on the 888 with a single leather sole.

PS...Tom Park rules!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Moss

Reaction score
I picked up the Rye in Burnt Pine on the 202 (8E).

Over the phone, they sounded very busy in shop at 0730 EST. In the background, I could overhear another saleswoman taking an order from the US - another StyleForum member no doubt.

My View2

Reaction score
I want to thank the guy who saved me some money by snapping up the Yardley Edwardian 606 size 8.5F. Such agony but ah such sweet relief!

Can you please identify yourself so I can personally thank you?
smile.gif

16520Man

Reaction score
I just scored the Chelsea in dark oak on the 888.
and how do they ship? via royal air mail?
They ship Royal Mail small packet.

solipsist

Reaction score
I picked up the Beaulieu Dark Oak 606, I've needed a pair of dark brown shoes for a bit now. Thanks, SF for the heads up.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how much is shipping for two pairs shipped (is it just flat price ?)

and how do they ship? via royal air mail?

i hope not UPS.

anyone had duty to pay last sale shipment to US? thanks again

The sale shoes are coming from the London store and are shipped by Royal Mail. However, MTO orders are shipped from the factory in Northampton by UPS. I learned this the hard way a while back with two pairs of MTO shoes. UPS's "brokerage fees," along with the exorbitant duties and taxes, nearly sent me to the poorhouse. My current MTO order will go from the factory to the London store and thence to me via Royal Mail.

Michael69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by solipsist
I picked up the Beaulieu Dark Oak 606, I've needed a pair of dark brown shoes for a bit now. Thanks, SF for the heads up.

Well, I went down to EG and got me these......

overview.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing I feel I need, thank goodness. the Beaulieu on the 606 would be nice, but hard to justify since I've got it on the 82 already.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
The sale shoes are coming from the London store and are shipped by Royal Mail. However, MTO orders are shipped from the factory in Northampton by UPS. I learned this the hard way a while back with two pairs of MTO shoes. UPS's "brokerage fees," along with the exorbitant duties and taxes, nearly sent me to the poorhouse. My current MTO order will go from the factory to the London store and thence to me via Royal Mail.

thanks Roger .

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i got an email back from EG stating the 3 shoes I was looking at are all sold out.

oh well.

im getting exactly what i want from Tom on my MTOs so it's ok.

the sale shoes were alot of 'one offs' for me , not exactly what i wanted but from all the sale hype i just dove in without thinking that it still would have costed me almost 700 for a shoe i dont exactly need but dove in due to sale hype. so in a way, im very glad they are sold out.

hope everyone is getting what they exactly need in this sale.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Nothing I feel I need, thank goodness. the Beaulieu on the 606 would be nice, but hard to justify since I've got it on the 82 already.

You and I are always looking at the same shoes. I almost pulled the trigger on the Beaulieus but in black they aren't what I'm looking for. It's for the best as I'm waiting on two pairs of cordovans from the Brooks sale.

jjl5000

Reaction score
i got an email back from EG stating the 3 shoes I was looking at are all sold out.

If it's not too painful, which shoes were you considering?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i was considering

Ashby 606 9 E
Chelsea dark brown croc 9E

and

hythe 82 9.5D

my first choice was hythe since it is 82 and burgundy but did not like the captoe across it.

backups were ashby and chelsea croc, but i dont like croc with a seam on the side and i dont like dark brown croc.
ashby is good but i dont like the fact it is in single sole.

so all in all. i am thankful they were sold out.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hope everyone is getting what they exactly need in this sale.
What's need got to do with it!
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads