1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

2007 Edward Green Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., Dec 23, 2007.

1. Verdi

Verdi Active Member

I love toecaps and I'm desperate for an adelaide. BUT I think the style of the chelsea as a classic clean-lined shoe especially on the 888 is what it is and it has a certain elegance without a medallion or a stronger toe-cap.

2. Verdi

Verdi Active Member

Thanks. Today with navy moleskins.

[​IMG]

Good idea. I have trousers in a similar colour (but different material). I tried wearing them with a dark grey suit but I don't think it works. You need a Vass oxblood for that, perhaps. They're probably too classical to wear with jeans, too., so that leaves odd navy, khaki and cord trousers, would you agree?

3. sartort

sartort Senior member

The 888 is a hard last to photograph. IMO, it is much better in person. I agree that a medallion might add a little magic, but then it would be a different shoe wouldn't it.

It seems that the toe of the 888 ends up looking a lot like this in photographs:

\\__/

When in fact it's actually more like this 3 Dimensionally:

\\|_|/

The toe is actually more tapered and towards the top and squarer at the welt. Check out an 888 lasted shoe standing in front of a full length mirror. It's sublime.

4. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Senior member

This is an EG (RLPL) MTO pair in 888 last which was made for Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger in UK13E. My size, his loss my gain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chogall

chogall Senior member

that is a beautiful pair of shoes... great taste!