• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1 month till summer, time to tighten up the midsection...

heavy D

Reaction score
Yep, it's about that season. And yeah, I'm sure this thread has been covered, and I did try the search function. And no, I'm not expecting any miracles, I know it takes at least a couple months to get somewhere, but either way I'm starting NOW, so how about some advice? Here's where I'm at right now;

-Run 3-4 times a week, around 4 miles but sometimes more (did about 7 3/4 in an hour tonight for instance)

-Lift with free weights around 3 times a week. I use a pilates ball and do about 12 different exercises, 2 sets of 12 reps, mostly upper body. Weight is low, around 15lbs each dumbbell (so 30lbs total).

-My diet is very low carb, but I do eat a good amount of fat. Lots of cheese, lots on nuts. I rarely eat straight carbs, either good or bad. Mostly chicken, pork, beef, cheese, nuts, broccoli, asparagus, beans, salad, etc. Occasionally bananas, oranges and apples.

So I think the cardio is fine. I could definitely get better about the lifting. With most of the exercises I could do much more weight, but with a couple the 30lbs is about right (like the triceps extension). I also have a bench which I'm going to begin using so I'll be able to do more inclined/declined stuff.

Diet- I'd really like to get off this low carb thing. I think I'll always be low carb, but I definitely need more than I'm currently taking in. One of my big issues is portion control. I'm also hooked on diet Coke (which is awful) and want to get back to drinking mostly water. So I'm thinking- less cheese, more lean meets and veggies, more water.

So, what do I do to tighten up my midsection? On a good day you can sort of see a bit of a two pack at the top, but that's a good day. And even then I can't seem to shake this little ring of fat around my waist. I understand that losing fat is mostly diet and cardio, but I'm pretty decent at both. I'm going to tighten up the diet, but right now I'm not doing any ab work at all, so where should I start? Crunches? Crunches on the ball? Full situps? Pilates?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Bikram yoga for a month everyday. You will loose inches in your midsection. Guaranteed. I've maintained the same size 30 inch Levi's LVC 501's for the past 10 years thanks to the yoga.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Try Bikram yoga for a month everyday. You will loose inches in your midsection. Guaranteed. I've maintained the same size 30 inch Levi's LVC 501's for the past 10 years thanks to the yoga.

Yep, it was all the yoga!

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are already used to a low carb diet I would try a Ketogenic diet. I am starting one on monday and am nervous about the no-carb shock.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^pm'd you by the way.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Kunk. Responded.

heavy D

Reaction score

Yes, I was considering yoga as well. Bikram- that's the version practiced n a hot room, correct?

heavy D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
If you are already used to a low carb diet I would try a Ketogenic diet. I am starting one on monday and am nervous about the no-carb shock.

Originally Posted by wiscogooner
Ketogenic + lots of cardio. Keep your carbs slim to none and work your ass off.

I already did the extreme low carb thing. It was great for shedding a lot of weight quickly. But I've been stuck on these extra 2-3 lbs for awhile, and I don't think that diet is going to do it. Plus I'm just sick of it and I don't think it's very healthy for extended periods of time (I'm going on two years).

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cytomel

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why not move your stationary bike into the sauna. You'll get the same results.

Get over it.. it's not the yoga that's keeping the weight off, it's the fact that you're doing physical activity in the sweltering heat.

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Although I have never personally tried using one, maybe looking at picking up a fatburner (hydroxycut, lypo6) or maybe look at a generic ec stack. Although most people use these things incorrectly, if you know how to use them, it can do wonders.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
clen, tren and any t-3 pituitary drug should work. throw in some HGH

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads