• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're made by Calabrese - it's boxcalf but reasonably sturdy. That said, it's not as scratch resistant as a pebble grain or a shrunk calf that will be soft and scratch proof. I can bring one to the trunk show next week if you'd like

Edouard

Reaction score
I'm by no means athletic
shog%5B1%5D.gif
I think your beard definitely qualifies as athletic by now...

malat

Reaction score
Wearing 54L here. Typically a 52-54 Euro size. Next time I will try smiling too
This is all sorts of awesome! I know the returns are free, but I would hate to waste shipping costs for NMWA because I didn't do my diligence. I'm 5'9 175-180 with 32"/33" waist. Typically a 52 EU as well. I have larger arms and shoulders and struggle with Zegna "Milano" fit, as a point of reference for trim fitting coats. I used to be quite comfortable in the "Roma" fit until they stopped making them. The high arm holes might be hard to overcome for me :(. GDL, do you have a very tall torso or do they also fit a bit shorter? I'm not tall by any means, but thought I'd ask.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predict that inside of 48 hours Greg sells out of all the items he is wearing in that fit.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
malat - you should measure your best fitting coat and use for comparison. I could recommend a 52R on 52L based on what you're saying (I'm 3" taller and 25 lbs heavier than you and showing 54L here) but it's too hard to gauge preferences like length etc... like this. Measurements from a "benchmark" jacket are a much better way to go.

Yes the L is definitely not very long in that coat. Cut is trim, lean and a little bit on the short side. I like the L length for myself

Last edited:

malat

Reaction score

malat - you should measure your best fitting coat and use for comparison.  I could recommend a 52R on 52L based on what you're saying (I'm 3" taller and 25 lbs heavier than you and showing 54L here) but it's too hard to gauge preferences like length etc... like this.   Measurements from a "benchmark" jacket are a much better way to go.  

Yes the L is definitely not very long in that coat.  Cut is trim, lean and a little bit on the short side.  I like the L length for myself

Makes sense. I will take some measurements this evening. That green coat is my favorite item (among many wonderful items) on the site. I would wear it every single day until Spring...

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i see the beginnings of a smirk in the last photo and a hurry the **** up and snap the photo in 2nd to last.

Asian Afro

Reaction score
I see from people's pics that NMWA gives out the Vass book and a book by Adolf Loos. Are there other freebies and what do we have to buy to get them? (I got nothin' with my coats and my knits.)

steveoly

Reaction score

I see from people's pics that NMWA gives out the Vass book and a book by Adolf Loos. Are there other freebies and what do we have to buy to get them? (I got nothin' with my coats and my knits.)

I got a couple of packets of these things called TICs. They are on-the-go button fasteners. I haven't tried one yet, but seems like a cool idea if you lose a button on the run, which I have done in the past. I want one of those NMWA hangers and shirt bags! I guess I will have to order more. :slayer:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ looks like for kop baller status, like Stitchy? :D

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yo g, no smile is just my style!

also, i have a cantarelli SC i picked up in the spring (BEFORE I KNEW ABOUT NMWA), its fits very trim, and is very high in the armholes. sizing up is probably not a bad idea for anyone with an athletic build, or like me, a fat build. or maybe just anyone in general.

also, drakes in action!!!

In Stitches: You don't find Drake's too narrow (at 3.15 inches)? I waver...

Like the combinations here (must get nice brown trousers).

There are many, many beautiful ties on NMWA site.

Edouard

Reaction score
Asian Afro = kop baller fosho
there may or may not be a little surprise in your next box... (we didn't have much goodies when you first ordered)

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Asian Afro = kop baller fosho
there may or may not be a little surprise in your next box... (we didn't have much goodies when you first ordered)
Thanks E..that explains it..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads