• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Doppiaa cord suit

PXL_20231023_215124694.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

jaaz16

Reaction score
There's a great shot of @yungchomsky, I think, with the burgundy color of that GRP polo tucked in. I personally found it a touch long for me (5'9", wear a size V) but think it looks awesome either tucked in or with a sport coat, like smitty wore.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a great shot of @yungchomsky, I think, with the burgundy color of that GRP polo tucked in. I personally found it a touch long for me (5'9", wear a size V) but think it looks awesome either tucked in or with a sport coat, like smitty wore.
I never could tuck in a sweater.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
That's a stunning fit. I wasn't able to move on the Doppiaa beige cord suit this season, but man I should have. I'm becoming a huge fan of Italian/Western fusions, like the G Inglese snap-ups, and this look is the perfect embodiment of that. What's the scarf, by the way? Drake's?
Thank bro. The scarf is Drake's on a budget.....H.N. White.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Saw a friendly face in Tokyo today!

IMG_2093.JPG

Which brings me to our first drop preview... two (very) exclusive Wythe overcoats.

You may have seen one or both of these shapes previewed elsewhere, but these are just for us, tailored right (t)here in New York.

Wythe_New_York_Exclusive_Raglan_coat_in_brown_and_cream_donegal_wool_barleycorn (8).jpg Wythe_New_York_Exclusive_Raglan_coat_in_brown_and_cream_donegal_wool_barleycorn (3).jpg

The first is a big-ol Bal in a custom barleycorn tweed. This fully embraces the retro-ness inherent in a bal starting with the fabric all the way to those buttons and the voluminous fit.

Wythe_New_York_Exclusive_Polo_coat_in_sage_green_Casentino_wool (6).jpg Wythe_New_York_Exclusive_Polo_coat_in_sage_green_Casentino_wool (7).jpg Wythe_New_York_Exclusive_Polo_coat_in_sage_green_Casentino_wool (10).jpg

The second exclusive is their new polo coat shape, a design that has really been getting some traction. Skipping the camelhair, this one is in a beautiful Casentino wool that has so much life and plays really nicely with the soft-but-larger-than-life features of the style.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Another 2-piece drop comes from IKIJI and also includes an overcoat, this time a belted robe style in an impeccable French wool hopsack. It's not often they use fabrics that aren't Japanese (or developed by them for them) so you know they were (justifiably) feeling very good about this one.

IKIJI_Japan_FW23_Belted_robe_coat_in_charcoal_French_wool_hopsack (6).jpg IKIJI_Japan_FW23_Belted_robe_coat_in_charcoal_French_wool_hopsack (9).jpg

The other half of the drop has a special fabric too, but it's their 85/15 cotton/lyocell that we already know and love from the crewneck sweatshirts. Those have found their fans so we had to grab these in the same fabric for the supreme comfort they'll bring. I appreciate the sartorial details though - the pin tuck, the slash pockets, the non-ribbed cuffs.

IKIJI_Japan_FW23_Pin-tuck_sweat_pants_in_dark_brown_cotton_and_lyocell (7).jpg IKIJI_Japan_FW23_Pin-tuck_sweat_pants_in_dark_brown_cotton_and_lyocell (4).jpg

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
It's our second season with An Irrational Element and I hope it's painting a clearer picture of why we picked them up, with a nice tight selection featuring some strong fabrics.

One of those fabrics is a recycled wool teddy that finds its way into a few styles. The first as a liner in two jackets: a classic herringbone tweed in recycled wool as well, and a lightly waxed cotton that is on the dryer side in terms of feel.

An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_A_Jacket_in_black_and_grey_recycled_wool_tweed_mix_with_teddy_li...jpg An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_A_Jacket_in_black_and_grey_recycled_wool_tweed_mix_with_teddy_li...jpg An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_A_Jacket_in_navy_English_waxed_cotton_with_teddy_lining (6).jpg An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_A_Jacket_in_navy_English_waxed_cotton_with_teddy_lining (8).jpg

The third way it makes an appearance is on this pullover shacket - I think I've seen this called a radio jacket before with those big chest pockets, but either way it's a fun style with a lot of personality.

An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_Vintage_shirt_in_off-white_recycled_wool_teddy (7).jpg An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_Vintage_shirt_in_off-white_recycled_wool_teddy (2).jpg

Also soft but very different in vibe, the same style in a deep black microcord (with matching trousers, naturally). Refined, lustrous, almost velvet-like.

An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_Vintage_shirt_in_in_black_cotton_corduroy (7).jpg An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_Simple_straight_leg_trousers_in_black_cotton_corduroy (9).jpg An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_Simple_straight_leg_trousers_in_black_cotton_corduroy (5).jpg

And for more of a workhorse trouser, the same shape in dark navy Japanese cotton twill:

An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_Sheffield_pleated_tapered_trousers_in_dark_navy_Japanese_cotton_...jpg An_Irrational_Element_Belgium_Sheffield_pleated_tapered_trousers_in_dark_navy_Japanese_cotton_...jpg

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Our next drop from Document has quite a variety, and isn't even all navy or cream!

This week has seen a balmacaan and a belted robe coat, but how about a belted balmacaan?

Document_Korea_FW23_Belted_balmacaan_in_grey_herringbone_wool_donegal_tweed (10).jpg Document_Korea_FW23_Belted_balmacaan_in_grey_herringbone_wool_donegal_tweed (12).jpg

Document never misses with big outerwear like this and this is no exception. Proper Irish tweed from Magee, and the addition of a belt is a cool way to play with the familiar silhouette of a bal.

Document_Korea_FW23_V-neck_cardigan_in_Soldier_green_wool_and_cashmere (6).jpg Document_Korea_FW23_V-neck_cardigan_in_Soldier_green_wool_and_cashmere (1).jpg

You probably noticed the great color, wool/cashmere fabric, and nice heavyweight knit, but there are a few cool details that set this apart. The 3 button closure changes the balance of the whole thing in a very pleasant way, as do the oversized patch pockets just begging you to stuff your hands into them.

Document_Korea_FW23_Utility_pants_in_khaki_wool_cavalry_twill (4).jpg Document_Korea_FW23_Utility_pants_in_khaki_wool_cavalry_twill (1).jpg

The rest of this is going to be trousers so I may as well start with these utility pants. Cut with a semi-elastic waist to make them easy pants, these are in a proper English worsted wool from Alfred Brown. Good stuff.

Document_Korea_FW23_Tucked_trousers_in_10oz_indigo-dyed_Sea_Island_cotton (4).jpg Document_Korea_FW23_Tucked_trousers_in_10oz_indigo-dyed_Sea_Island_cotton (9).jpg

Kenshawn is a huge fan of these - double pleat joints in a heavyweight rinsed denim complete with side tabs and everything. I'd be curious to see how these age as well - can you get some good fading on the pleats?

Document_Korea_FW23_Denim_trousers_in_ecru_cotton_denim (1).jpg

Lastly, a restock of one of my favorite pairs of pants. Japanese selvedge denim in ecru, four pocket style with slash pockets. They're sharp. But the textured off-white fabric works for a lot of things. I really do wear them both with loafers and a tucked in shirt but also a denim jacket and work boots.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
La Botte Gardiane has a great selection this time around, covering some housewares and other accessories alongside their beautiful footwear.

But I'll start with the shoes and boots, and we added some more zippies to the mix. Two pairs of Camille in suportlo leather, black and espresso to cover the bases. The Camille is a really balanced low-profile design that just feels nice without ever being TOO directional. For that you'll have to go back to the Clint :)

La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Camille_side-zip_boots_in_black_Suportlo_calf (1).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Camille_side-zip_boots_in_black_Suportlo_calf (2).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Camille_side-zip_boots_in_black_Suportlo_calf (3).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Camille_side-zip_boots_in_espresso_brown_Suportlo_calf (2).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Camille_side-zip_boots_in_espresso_brown_Suportlo_calf (3).jpg

We also added a new color of Maury slippers with a handsome rust calf suede.

La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Maury_slippers_in_rust_calf_suede (2).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Maury_slippers_in_rust_calf_suede (5).jpg

Onto the accessories, we added a few more belts, first in a 35mm size that is a little chunkier than our previous 1" / 25mm size.

La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Belt_in_natural_hair-on_Normande_calf (2).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Belt_in_natural_black_hair-on_calf (2).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Belt_in_brown_waxed_crust_calf (2).jpg
But we do have some of those as well, including this python stamped calf that is very rock n roll:

La_Botte_Gardiane_France_One-inch_belt_in_dune_python_stamped_calf (2).jpg

Tote bags are new as well, using their beautiful hides and lining them with linen and adding that zipped pocket to keep little things secure. Good stuff.

La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Tote_bag_in_brown_Suportlo_calf_leather (1).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Tote_bag_in_brown_Suportlo_calf_leather (4).jpg La_Botte_Gardiane_France_Tote_bag_in_natural_hair-on_Normande_calf (1).jpg

And still with their beautiful hides, we got some collapsible valets and nice billfold cardholders. Both great gifts, whether for yourself or others.

20231110297.jpg 20231110306.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus