• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hickey Freeman Presidential: A Review (mit photo)

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in the market for a fairly conservative business suit lately and I came across one of these suits while out shopping. I'd tried on the Hickey Freeman Handtailored suit a couple years ago and was fairly impressed with the quality. The Presidential line seems to be a cut above the Handtailored. I'd say the cut of the jacket is very similar to the Madison cut but with a slightly sharper shoulder. I may post a picture of myself wearing it once I get it tailored.
PICT0001-6.jpg

New tags
PICT0002-6.jpg

Some nice handy work here
PICT0003-7.jpg

Nice lapel hole and subtle pickstiching
PICT0006-5.jpg

Pants were very impressive. I've never seen so much hand work on pants. Fancy gold metal zipper
PICT0007-4.jpg

Hand stiched button holes on the pants and hand pickstiching on the watch pocket, pockets.
PICT0008-4.jpg

Curtained waistband with hand bartacked split rear waistband
PICT0009-3.jpg

Inspected by some guy whose name I can't actually read but it looks spanish
PICT0010-2.jpg

Fabric detail.
PICT0011-2.jpg

Over all it seems like a really nicely made suit with a pretty low key presentation. Probably perfect for politicians or other wealthy people who don't like flashy stuff. Retail is $2495.

spam[1].gif

If you're a 40R and you want the exact same suit I could get it for $825 shipped

Forgot to add it has double vents which is a welcomed change for HF.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like a very nice suit. Most of my suits are HF Collection Madison -- 39R with a bit of tailoring fit me perfectly. Did you purchase the Presidential from a department store or HF boutique? The $2,500 retail is pretty high and competing with MTM, but $825 sounds interesting. Most of my Madisons were $250 - $350 at NM Last Call or Dillards. I need to try one on to check out the fit.

Thanks for the review!

Twotone

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice. Post pictures of fit when you get it tailored, I am curious to see how it comes out.

aph999

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Hickey Freeman Presidential and it's first-rate. Very similar to my Brioni, including the fabric and hand-tailoring. The H-F Presidential chest structure is superb. I haven't had it altered yet. If I get a few free moments I'll post some pics as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads