• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Needed - Club Blazer Material Arrived

Nugget

Reaction score
Dear All,

First thread start for me.

I have just taken receipt of a bolt of cloth in order to make a cricket club blazer.

The club is a significant cricket club with an amazing history. I've recently been elected to the committee and though it looks pretty ghastly, I've seen a few now and can actually see myself wearing it to and from matches and other club events.

I will be visiting WW Chan in January and am very keen to hear your suggestions about the instructions I should give them.

I have the brass buttons with club emblem etc.

I am a happy Chan customer, but have never had anything like this before.

I hope my attachment is loaded and you can get a sense of the material.

The next question no doubt will be, what the hell do I wear it with………..

Many Thanks...

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
With stripes like that, probably best as a SB, maybe with 3 buttons and no vents. But there must be some examples around you to emulate.

Nugget

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

No vents?

3 button SB is the style I have seen and is probably the way I’ll go, but also wondered whether the eminent SFers may have other and appropriate ideas.

Only the Chairman wears his in this country and I have seen a few passing examples on tour. Most are at least two generations old. The rest of the committee have also just taken delivery of the cloth.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nugget
..I have just taken receipt of a bolt of cloth in order to make a cricket club blazer. ...I will be visiting WW Chan in January and am very keen to hear your suggestions about the instructions I should give them.

Perhaps I'm being obtuse, but it sounds like you're looking to Chan for CMT. I thought they had eliminated their CMT services a while ago.

Nugget

Reaction score
Thank you Vintage Gent. Not obtuse at all, a quick search of the forum confirms your caution
shog[1].gif

Hmm. Well, I'll try my luck, on the bright side it may take care of the inertia related to trying someone else, perhaps Gordon Yao or A Man

Any suggestions on that front would be super.

I want the tailoring to be as good as can be - the fabric itself doesn't exactly get me off to a running start.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nugget
Thank you Vintage Gent. Not obtuse at all, a quick search of the forum confirms your caution
shog[1].gif

Hmm. Well, I'll try my luck, on the bright side it may take care of the inertia related to trying someone else, perhaps Gordon Yao or A Man

Any suggestions on that front would be super.

I want the tailoring to be as good as can be - the fabric itself doesn't exactly get me off to a running start.

AFAIK, A Man doesn't tour anymore (I think they did years ago). You might also consider giving Hemrajani a try--might be both more accessible and economical than Yao.

JamesT

Reaction score
Single breasted, three button, notch lapel, side vents, and a bi-swing back
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Oh, and get taped edges.

Nugget

Reaction score
Thanks James. Taped edges... now there is a suggestion.

JLibourel - I'm in HK for 3 days at the start of Jan and 3 days towards the end, so can hit the pavement in search of the right artisan if Chan don't respond to beggin, pleading, blackmail and tears.

Next question may well be to pick a Jantzen shirt fabric to match.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads