• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these shoes made by Trickers

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even at full retail, they do not suggest anything remotely related to Tricker's or their selling price ranges.

The trickers they sell start from over 200 quid.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fairly sure those aren't Tricker's (ASOS do sell Tricker's perhaps that's where the confusion lies).

Heel is wrong for Trickers, not sure what they are...

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless of who they are made by, they appear great construction and good quality leather for £77! Decent shaped lasts, too.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Regardless of who they are made by, they appear great construction and good quality leather for £77! Decent shaped lasts, too.

Construction does look decent enough. I can't make out whether they're corrected grain or calf.

They don't look like Loake or Barker, I'm wondering whether they might be Sanders?

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Made in Tricker’s factory, ASOS are selling these loafers at a fraction of the price that Tricker’s would usually go for."

Many of these factories have the ability to customize a number of features (leather and sole quality, for example) based on the customer's order. If these are made in the Tricker's factory, at that price they must be using Loake quality materials.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Construction does look decent enough. I can't make out whether they're corrected grain or calf.

They don't look like Loake or Barker, I'm wondering whether they might be Sanders?

They look like calf to me, MoK. Do you think?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like calf to me, MoK. Do you think?

Zooming in on the brown ones I think so, but I'm not sure.

Strike Sanders from my suggested makers - nail pattern is wrong, nor is does it match current Loake 1880.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do appear to be on a Tricker's last...Perhaps they run similar to their 'corniche' collection.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 a very good buy at that price
fistbump.gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
The link to the article which suggested they are Trickers

http://www.selectism.com/news/2010/0...assel-loafers/

One reply from that article that makes sense :

"You can compare pictures of the two different loafers and tell just from the photos on the website (especially if you enlarge them) that the Trickers' loafers are made of much higher quality materials, and not necessarily with the same last at all.
Someone can tell you that something is "made in the same factory as (pick any designer label)", and they may be correct, but that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean that it is made with the same production standards or methods. It might just come from a really big factory that makes all sorts of things.
Having said that, I would take a chance on the £77 loafers. They still look like a great deal for the price, but I wouldn't kid myself into thinking that they are the same as Tricker's."

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those tassels look just like the ones I had made by Trickers, complete with the crooked apron stitching and all!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are calf and at or around Loake 1880 quality then £77 is a steal.

If anyone tries a pair we could do with a brief report...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads