• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I crazy for wanting to lease a top-of-the-line 3-series out of college?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please, someone move this POS loser thread into the DT department!
ffffuuuu.gif

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the OP Asian and living in southern CA by chance?

A good car they cant afford is the very first thing they slavate over after graduation.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnFacconable
6. GF will have plenty of friends blowing $600 a month on drugs, booze, food, clothes, etc. If he forgoes all of that for a car, more power to him. If he wants to have it all, obviously finances will be tight with the car. Everyone has to make their own decisions.

Just to act as a counter weight to a thread full of good advice...

It's not the greatest financial decision in the world, but it's far from the disaster that people are making it out to be. "what if you get fired in 2 months". Then sell the car. People act as if he did go through with this and something went wrong he's going to be in some sort of perplexing dilemma that's unsolvable without selling off a limb.

Any financial guru will tell you that you should instantly, I mean ******* instantaneously leverage your ass to the HILT straight out of school. Bury yourself in debt. You'll know that you're deep enough when you calculate your monthly expenses and something as minor as a higher wind resistance on any given day would increase your gas expenses just enough so that the entire house comes falling down and you go chapter 7. That's the edge you're lookin' for, and you wanna ride that as long as possible.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited

Bury yourself in debt. You'll know that you're deep enough when you calculate your monthly expenses and something as minor as a higher wind resistance on any given day would increase your gas expenses just enough so that the entire house comes falling down and you go chapter 7. That's the edge you're lookin' for, and you wanna ride that as long as possible.

Now THAT is living on the edge.
laugh.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not the greatest financial decision in the world, but it's far from the disaster that people are making it out to be. "what if you get fired in 2 months". Then sell the car. People act as if he did go through with this and something went wrong he's going to be in some sort of perplexing dilemma that's unsolvable without selling off a limb.

Any financial guru will tell you that you should instantly, I mean ******* instantaneously leverage your ass to the HILT straight out of school. Bury yourself in debt. You'll know that you're deep enough when you calculate your monthly expenses and something as minor as a higher wind resistance on any given day would increase your gas expenses just enough so that the entire house comes falling down and you go chapter 7. That's the edge you're lookin' for, and you wanna ride that as long as possible.

Why?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sigged.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

Not to highjack teh thread, but can someone help me out and tell what kind of whater I should drink?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

Not to highjack teh thread, but can someone help me out and tell what kind of whater I should drink?

I recommend Voss if you just graduated. I would also shower with this water too.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleksandr
Nice, congrats, enjoy!
thanks! the beauty of this deal is that I can drive it for 2-3 years, and probably sell it close to the purchase price. there were literally three people who came in after me who wanted to buy the car outright without even haggling, but since i came first they honored me. one guy was calling from ny saying he was ready to buy it without even seeing it first. this is an ultra rare deal, considering the rare performance package, low miles, and low price (for a stealership). overall, VERY happy!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice, that is a very clean car. Enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads