• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sealed with a "Kiss" - Operation Paprika

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
apropos;3245379 said:
LC - I really respect your choice of shoe styling and commend you on buying handmade shoes blind over the internet, but seriously, styling issues aside (which are of course a matter of taste), note -

1. the poor alignment relative to each other of the flaps that denote a blucher
2. the broguing pattern is (actually obviously) irregular
3. the shoddy broguing - the holes are not cleanly punched, with material left behind in some of them, and with irregular margins

It is honestly fantastic that these things are handmade in a traditional way, but at the same time being handmade is no excuse for such basic errors, especially when you take into account the premium likely paid for this supposedly inherently superior construction from a man who apparently spent his entire adult life making shoes by hand.

It is moments like this, when respected members on SF lose perspective and - instead of providing intelligent objective criticism - egg on members to make further mistakes, that SF loses whatever little credibility it has left and starts to resemble party night at the frat house.

frown.gif

QUOTE]

so after all this woffle your point is??????????????????????????????

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Well for starters, to not shoot the messenger.
frown.gif

well nothing is perfect in life, so these minor little issues that you are stressing on will not affect most of us, plus you are missing the point of the whole OP exercise, i am sure Fritzl will chime in at some point, otherwise see his threads on it or send him a PM

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LC - I really respect your choice of shoe styling and commend you on buying handmade shoes blind over the internet, but seriously, styling issues aside (which are of course a matter of taste), note - 1. the poor alignment relative to each other of the flaps that denote a blucher 2. the broguing pattern is (actually obviously) irregular 3. the shoddy broguing - the holes are not cleanly punched, with material left behind in some of them, and with irregular margins It is honestly fantastic that these things are handmade in a traditional way, but at the same time being handmade is no excuse for such basic errors, especially when you take into account the premium likely paid for this supposedly inherently superior construction from a man who apparently spent his entire adult life making shoes by hand. It is moments like this, when respected members on SF lose perspective and - instead of providing intelligent objective criticism - egg on members to make further mistakes, that SF loses whatever little credibility it has left and starts to resemble party night at the frat house.
frown.gif

I would have to think that anyone who would buy Paprika would buy it for its distinctive quirks, not in spite of them. You can view the lack of refinement as a failing or as an asset, but I would not presume that everyone who likes them is clueless or a lemming.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
so after all this woffle your point is??????????????????????????????

you did read his post correct?

teh point
V
V
V

It is moments like this, when respected members on SF lose perspective and - instead of providing intelligent objective criticism - egg on members to make further mistakes, that SF loses whatever little credibility it has left and starts to resemble party night at the frat house.

frown.gif

and this one makes me lol
well nothing is perfect in life, so these minor little issues that you are stressing on will not affect most of us .....
amirite that you and the hk boys get together at the tailors to help each other in fit and minor details to make it 'just so'?

no, these 'details' will not affect 'most' of us, but the graphic details of your photos bring it into strong relief, and as such it is open for discussion.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LC - I really respect your choice of shoe styling and commend you on buying handmade shoes blind over the internet, but seriously, styling issues aside (which are of course a matter of taste), note -

1. the poor alignment relative to each other of the flaps that denote a blucher
2. the broguing pattern is (actually obviously) irregular
3. the shoddy broguing - the holes are not cleanly punched, with material left behind in some of them, and with irregular margins

It is honestly fantastic that these things are handmade in a traditional way, but at the same time being handmade is no excuse for such basic errors, especially when you take into account the premium likely paid for this supposedly inherently superior construction from a man who apparently spent his entire adult life making shoes by hand.

frown.gif

Damn son. Apropros went all CSI/Sherlock Holmes on that ****.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
you did read his post correct?

and this one makes me lol

amirite that you and the hk boys get together at the tailors to help each other in fit and minor details to make it 'just so'?

no, these 'details' will not affect 'most' of us, but the graphic details of your photos bring it into strong relief, and as such it is open for discussion.

Dood with the scary avatar: I want you in my corner!

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- WORD

- LC is on his own here..
- We have already had a meeting about this.. Well on MSN..

Breakaway faction?

Originally Posted by TRINI
Damn son. Apropros went all CSI/Sherlock Holmes on that ****.

lol8[1].gif

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
well nothing is perfect in life, so these minor little issues that you are stressing on will not affect most of us...........

Remember that thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=37931

I still believe, most of the "problems" in the G&G were caused by the use of flash (just like red eyes in a portrait).

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm hopeful for a friendlier reception for my pair. despite them being in the same color and pebble grain as Cha-Cha's out of deference to the many photos of inaccessible tail that I am wont to post from time to time.

- B

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage

this is a valid point.

we, Sterling Gillette and me, believe that "Operation Paprika" delievers knowledge from parts unknown. For us an essential part of the purpose that styleforum serves, period.

...ah, yes and some shoes for regulars: iammatt, binge, cunning smeagol, grimslade, luk-cha, vox...

gdl203, who's on top of the list for new arrivals, thank you for your patience, greg

former sf now LL: dopey

all not known for being total shoe noobs.

happy pentecost

ps: no worries, bill i'm not catholic.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, given that all (?) of them were unable to view/handle the shoes prior to ordering, I don't think that says much, if anything at all, aside from a dedication to exploring all options for (ostensibly) well made shoes on their part. What I would be interested in knowing is how many repeat orders were placed after receipt of the first pair. Of course I understand that this is a somewhat difficult thing to determine given the limited stock with Mr Kiss' retirement.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, given that all (?) of them were unable to view/handle the shoes prior to ordering, I don't think that says much, if anything at all, aside from a dedication to exploring all options for (ostensibly) well made shoes on their part.

What I would be interested in knowing is how many repeat orders were placed after receipt of the first pair. Of course I understand that this is a somewhat difficult thing to determine given the limited stock with Mr Kiss' retirement.

currently two, with one person receiving three and already placed an order for the next pickup.

my current number of paprika is around a dozen. will double this.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my pair, but haven't been flush enough lately to keep ordering. But I also haven't really checked to see if my holes and stitching were aligned just so. Not something I can say I care deeply about.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
LC - I really respect your choice of shoe styling and commend you on buying handmade shoes blind over the internet, but seriously, styling issues aside (which are of course a matter of taste), note - 1. the poor alignment relative to each other of the flaps that denote a blucher 2. the broguing pattern is (actually obviously) irregular 3. the shoddy broguing - the holes are not cleanly punched, with material left behind in some of them, and with irregular margins It is honestly fantastic that these things are handmade in a traditional way, but at the same time being handmade is no excuse for such basic errors in shoes that (even with the weak Euro at present) cost just shy of half a grand when sold at 'clearance prices', and more so when you take into account the premium likely paid for this supposedly inherently superior construction from a man who apparently spent his entire adult life making shoes by hand. It is moments like this, when respected members on SF lose perspective and - instead of providing intelligent objective criticism - egg on members to make further mistakes, that SF loses whatever little credibility it has left and starts to resemble party night at the frat house.
frown.gif
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv187/rca6sn7gt/SF%20random/OpPaps3-1.jpg[/IG] [IMG]http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv187/rca6sn7gt/SF%20random/Untitled-4.jpg[/IG][/I]
I don't like you one bit - not one bit - but that's a good post. I wonder if luk-cha received a $2000 pair of G&G bespokes with such, ahem, wonderful workmanship, how would he perceive it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads