• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espi

Reaction score
I have to say that are stunning shoes in this post, and I've also noticed that my question may cause jokes or something like, but since I know you're the most aknowledge-men about shoes in this forum, here I go:

I've just picked up a pair of Allen-Edmonds Revere Driving mocs and I'm not so confident about their leather and construction quality, here there are:

207643.jpg

Can someone that own/tried a pair put his impressions?

They seem extremely soft and comfortable to me, but not so sure about the leather. Any experiences with AE leather?

Thanks a lot!
bigstar[1].gif

james_gsx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sfo423
Nice. How is the quality of the shoe? I assume these are not FAM? I was looking at the Lowndes and these look comparable, but I've never owned Santoni.

Lowndes vs. Jadwin anyone?

This is the first pair of Santoni that I've owned, and so far I love them. The quality seems to be great, I believe they are a blake stitch compared to a goodyear welt. But from just holding the shoe and looking it over, the quality seems better than any of the Ferragamo or AE's that I have.

On the plus side, I just worked a 9.5hr shift in retail and my feet don't hurt at all. Very comfortable.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
A slanted **** is cut sideways into the sole, folded up, the stitching gets placed, then folded down again. If it comes unstuck, just place a bit of glue there. Your shoes, from eBay, might have been in storage for a number of years and the glue has dried out. The production number, in the 'window', will give a clue; currently running at about mid-60k.

This is testimony to the value of welting/stitching in shoes. I recently came across an older pair of gluejob hiking boots and the soles literally fell off in my hands. Glue had dried out, I guess.

dsgNYC

Reaction score
While my recent purchases are no where near as beautiful as all the other shoes I've seen in this thread, I just wanted to brag about the deals I found at Century 21 in the Financial District.

I got 3 pairs of Hugo Boss shoes for $22, $22 and $26. They had dust all over them, but other than that they were in fine shape. I didn't believe the price until it showed up on the cash register. Two of the pairs were identical, one was size 11 and the other 11.5. I wear the 11.5 pair and I'll probably put the size 11's up here at SF when I'm allowed to. The other pair are brown Chukkas that were, some how, also my size, so I'm wearing them too.

Lear

Reaction score
Just arrived: RM Williams Comfort Craftsman (size 12 H) in claret. Picked up from the Bond Street, London store yesterday.

They've been coated in Saphir Medaille D'Or RÃ
00a9.png
novateur. Have yet to be polished. Think I'll walk them in for a few days first. The claret Medaille D'Or cream will be arriving soon.

The last two pics are with the claret boot centre, flanked by EXACTLY the same boot in black and whiskey (for colour comparison).

I got them to go with my cordovan Aero "Veste de Rallye" - Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide jacket. The whiskey just didn't look right.

Once I get to four pairs of RMW's , that'll be enough. Any more would be obscene
blush.gif

dscf0147.jpg

dscf0149.jpg

dscf0150.jpg

dscf0136.jpg

dscf0137.jpg

Morgan

Reaction score
Thank you for the lesson on channeled soles, bengal-stripe! As the number below the shoe size is around 21,000, these do appear to be new old stock and dried glue is the culprit. They seem to be otherwise in good shape, so I'm not too disappointed. Is it safe to assume that all the other sole layers are stitched together and will not come apart as well? I haven't walked in the shoes yet.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
Just arrived: RM Williams Comfort Craftsman (size 12 H) in claret. Picked up from the Bond Street, London store yesterday.

They've been coated in Saphir Medaille D'Or RÃ
00a9.png
novateur. Have yet to be polished. Think I'll walk them in for a few days first. The claret Medaille D'Or cream will be arriving soon.

The last two pics are with the claret boot centre, flanked by EXACTLY the same boot in black and whiskey (for colour comparison).

I got them to go with my cordovan Aero "Veste de Rallye" - Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide jacket. The whiskey just didn't look right.

Once I get to four pairs of RMW's , that'll be enough. Any more would be obscene
blush.gif

dscf0147.jpg

dscf0149.jpg

dscf0150.jpg

dscf0136.jpg

dscf0137.jpg

Only four when there's seven days in the week
wink.gif

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Won a pair of Bally's for $20 on ebay

5187_1.JPG

560e_1.JPG

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
by special request

Kuro. Thanks very much for the post of a very special shoe... absolutely gorgeous. J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads