• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you for that!

Which would you suggest? I liked the Napoli and Lazio at suitsupply but could not purchase there because they have 0 staple colors. I have a 36/37 inch chest and I'm fairly stick shaped as opposed to V shaped (more slim than athletic build).

My initial thoughts are that I like the slim pants on the Napoli but like the narrower shoulders and narrower lapels of the Classico II.

I'd say go with the Classico II. The Classico II trousers are still definitely on the slim side.

Last edited:

StephenB

Reaction score
Just got my Classico II suit in 36S, I apologize for the crappy cell phone pics. I think they actually throw the proportions off weirdly

Quickly it looks like the waist in the jacket is fine, shoulders are just a touch too wide but fine, just need to shorten the sleeves. Trouser waist needs to be let out and hopefully the seat can be let out a bit :/

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
At the airport headed for Napoli but from what I can tell on my phone it looks pretty good! The trousers should have about 2" to let out the waist if needed. Any pics of the back?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

You lead a hard life, my friend. My heart bleeds for you :)

Oh don't get all Facebook jealous it's not all rosy as it appears, or should I rephrase it's not all super 200's vicuna and handmade!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is the back

Could be the angle of the camera, but your right shoulder appears to be a bit lower than your left... is that correct? If that's the case your tailor can put a pad in the upper back/shoulder area to lift it and even it out. Otherwise it's not bad, but it appears the blades under the arm can afford to come in a little bit to clean up the back a bit.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Could be the angle of the camera, but your right shoulder appears to be a bit lower than your left... is that correct? If that's the case your tailor can put a pad in the upper back/shoulder area to lift it and even it out. Otherwise it's not bad, but it appears the blades under the arm can afford to come in a little bit to clean up the back a bit.

The pad should also probably help even out the sleeves as well and the wrinkling in your right sleeve should be further reduced with the lift of the pad.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any plans for making suits with wider lapels? The classico II seems a bit narrow for my taste.

Yes I am having a sample made for a wider lapel. The current Napoli is wider than the Classico II by .5cm - the sample being made is going to be 1.5cm wider than the Classico II so we'll see how that comes out... and may make the shoulder almost completely natural also.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES ON BENJAMIN SUITS?

A customer recently brought to our attention some issues that he had with his Benjamin clothing and I wanted to ask if any of you guys ran into similar or any other issues. We've sold over 700 suits and hundreds of trousers (so along with the suit trousers well over 1,000 trousers), and prior to this one customer we only had a single other customer express a QC issue with a pair of trousers where the fly had stitching which caused the fabric to bubble slightly. He sent them back for an exchange and the pair we replaced for him were fine. Otherwise our finding and inspections felt that the quality has always been very consistent with no issues. That being said we probably don't hear enough feedback - either positive or negative, and are appealing to SF members for your input.

This other customer had the following issues:

1. He stated the trousers were inconsistent in fit (rise) - has anyone else had issues across the same model?

2. The trousers all had a problem with the rise having to be further shortened because they were forming angled creases to the sides of the crotch as a result of having too much material. We have never heard any problems with the rise being too long - if anything we've heard a small handful of customers saying the rise is too short...

3. The lining was too short in the back of the jacket which sounds like the jacket therefore was not laying straight.

4. One of the sleeve pitch was not right and needed to be rotated

The customer relayed all this over email and did not provide any photos, so we've asked the customer if he has any photos so we can better understand the issues, but in the mean time I'm hoping that some of you other guys who have Benjamin suits and/or trousers can chime in with any feedback - positive or negative... I'm always trying to tweak and improve the current Classico II model and your feedback comes into play with other possible future models (like a wider lapel natural shoulder model and possibly a peak lapel model). Admittedly I am extremely happy with the Classico II.

IF YOU FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE PRIVATELY MESSAGING ME FEEL FREE TO PM OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected].

Thanks guys! :slayer:

Spandexter

Reaction score
I have two 'Classico' suits and I've not experienced any QC issues - they both feel and look the same. Rise is just one of those things that is personal preference and for me (being a rather slim 36S) if anything I feel the rise is a little too high but again it comes down to personal preference. I like they way both suits have worn, they are in regular rotation and are holding up very well. My only criticism is that the material feels quite thin and therefore I prefer to wear both suits during the warmer months but at the price point it meets my expectations. Here's a quick fit shot.

StephenB

Reaction score

Yea, I separated my shoulder back in high school, ever since my right shoulder is lower than my left :(

As for QC issues, I haven't taken a hard look at my suit yet. When I take it to my tailor this weekend I'll get his opinion and when I get the alterations done I'll report back. Right now its too early to comment on the trousers since I need to get them let out.

But so far the suit "feels" very similar to my BB fitzgerald suits, I just wish the shoulders were a .5 inch narrower on each side. But hey I'm sure there are other 36S saying they wish the shoulders were a .5 inch wider.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have two 'Classico' suits and I've not experienced any QC issues - they both feel and look the same. Rise is just one of those things that is personal preference and for me (being a rather slim 36S) if anything I feel the rise is a little too high but again it comes down to personal preference. I like they way both suits have worn, they are in regular rotation and are holding up very well. My only criticism is that the material feels quite thin and therefore I prefer to wear both suits during the warmer months but at the price point it meets my expectations. Here's a quick fit shot.
Thanks for the input and pic - looks great - very clean!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads