• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vecchio Anseatico - Hand Made Classic Menswear Accessories - Official Affiliate Thread

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Due to Pitti Uomo 95 taking place from 7-11 January in Florence shipping will be paused during the entire week. Orders can still be placed but will only be shipped on Monday, 14 January.

In the meantime we invite you to follow along our journey over on Instagram via @styleforum and @stingwersen.

Photo courtesy of Torsten Grunwald @sartorialnotes

Pitti_Uomo_93_trends_in_sartorial_menswear_by_Torsten_Grunwald-6 (1).jpg

Epicure

Reaction score
Hi Steffen, just to let you know, I collected my cashmere knit ties from my local post office last Friday. I couldn't be happier with them. While I've never owned a cashmere or even a wool knit tie before, and therefore don't have something similar for a direct comparison, these will be a new benchmark for any knit tie I consider in the future. The extra width makes tying an elegant knot with a generous dimple a breeze. These ties have beautiful drape, despite the lightness of the cashmere, which in turn makes the tie feel weightless around the neck. As you know, I ordered them extra length too, and I've found that they're just long enough. I'm very glad I decided to give this 'experiment' in re-imagining the knit tie outside the standard box a go.

As I'm down in the southern hemisphere, I just have to be patient until it's cool enough to wear these magnificent ties! About 5 months should have the mercury low enough - it's currently 38C outside today. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to some fit pics from others who have ordered. I'm sure others here must have received their ties by now?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
WIWY
822C2CC9-1ABD-4E05-92A4-5D8155139D98.jpeg

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi there,

One of our most popular products from last year has just been restocked - the wide cashmere knit tie.
This 8.5 cm wide knit tie made from pure cashmere yarn is now available in four additional colors. To provide more variety some of them are made with a pointed end rather than the regular straight tip while others are extra long, measuring 160 instead the usual 148 cm.

But instead of me telling you about the virtues of our latest addition why not listen to what one of our loyal customers thinks about them?

Benjamin, Australia:
"I collected my cashmere knit ties from my local post office last Friday. I couldn't be happier with them. [...] these will be a new benchmark for any knit tie I consider in the future. The extra width makes tying an elegant knot with a generous dimple a breeze. These ties have beautiful drape, despite the lightness of the cashmere, which in turn makes the tie feel weightless around the neck. As you know, I ordered them extra length too, and I've found that they're just long enough. I'm very glad I decided to give this 'experiment' in re-imagining the knit tie outside the standard box a go."

https://vecchioanseatico.com/en/product-tags/knitted/

P1050396800.JPG P1050397800.JPG P1050398800.JPG P1050399800.JPG
6b5680e3-2228-4ba8-8fc7-c7567432c215.jpg

Photo courtesy of Alessandro Amirante @alessandroamirante and Giuseppe Avallone @pottoavallone
aab8cfc1-518c-4273-a181-1387b6e51e1d.jpg

Photo courtesy of Alessandro Amirante @alessandroamirante and Giuseppe Avallone @pottoavallone
2380d706-c6d6-47fa-afa6-87b964fe503a.jpg

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Steffen, just to let you know, I collected my cashmere knit ties from my local post office last Friday. I couldn't be happier with them. While I've never owned a cashmere or even a wool knit tie before, and therefore don't have something similar for a direct comparison, these will be a new benchmark for any knit tie I consider in the future. The extra width makes tying an elegant knot with a generous dimple a breeze. These ties have beautiful drape, despite the lightness of the cashmere, which in turn makes the tie feel weightless around the neck. As you know, I ordered them extra length too, and I've found that they're just long enough. I'm very glad I decided to give this 'experiment' in re-imagining the knit tie outside the standard box a go.

As I'm down in the southern hemisphere, I just have to be patient until it's cool enough to wear these magnificent ties! About 5 months should have the mercury low enough - it's currently 38C outside today. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to some fit pics from others who have ordered. I'm sure others here must have received their ties by now?

Thank you so much for the kind words, mate! I wanted to feature your review on the newsletter much earlier but it took quite long to make the new products finally available online. I genuinely appreciate it!

very nice. the grenadine?

Exactly, it's a grenadine. This one to be precise:
https://vecchioanseatico.com/en/product/mottled-brown-pale-blue-dots-grenadine-garza-fina-silk-tie/
P1050286.jpg

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
WIWY
Advertised as bamboo, but labeled wool? Nice either way.

3184867C-C81B-4F80-BD92-348487CEDFD5.jpeg

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In which case I expected something handwritten in crayon and hastily stapled to the tie.

Epicure

Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Great tie. The sheen coupled with the texture appear to make for a very refined appearance. I bet the knot holds it's place through the day nicely.

It did.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi there,

It only took us a little over an entire year since the launch of our web shop but now it's finally available from stock - the solid color grenadine silk tie.

Woven on wooden looms in Como, Italy, that are almost 100 years old grenadine silk is characterized by its gauze-style weave. Two warp yarns are twisted around the weft yarns in order to provide a strong yet sheer fabric.

Grenadine silk ties are among the most versatile ties a man can own. They're usually solid in color which makes them appropriate for conservative business dress yet they have a very distinct texture, perfect to be incorporated into more casual combinations.

Without further ado, head over to our web shop to take a look at all five new plain grenadine silk designs. If there's one tie any man should own it's a burgundy garza grossa. Experts agree on that. We promise!

https://vecchioanseatico.com/en/product-tags/grenadine/

20190124_084716364_iOS (1).jpg
20190129_141539494_iOS.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads