• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Ben

Are the fabrics for the Napoli and Classico II suits of the corresponding colours identical? ie, the fabric used for the navy Napoli is the same as the Classico II?

Yes - same exact fabric is used for both - a staple we plan to always have.

ggtk

Reaction score
Any word on a Benjamin suit in super 120's? I love the Napoli but need a more durable fabric for weekly wear.

dls160

Reaction score
Italy! I've got to admit I'm jealous. The sport coat that you posted and is pictured below looks great. Any chance that we will see this in the upcoming Benjamin sport coat line anytime soon?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any word on a Benjamin suit in super 120's? I love the Napoli but need a more durable fabric for weekly wear.

No 120's... but unless you're really hard on your clothes the 140s is known to perform well in regular rotations, certainly on a weekly basis should be no problem.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Italy! I've got to admit I'm jealous. The sport coat that you posted and is pictured below looks great. Any chance that we will see this in the upcoming Benjamin sport coat line anytime soon?

Don't be too jealous... it was all work and no play. Of course some people may consider my work to be play though! :nodding:

The particular fabric of that jacket was an end, so none in that same exact fabric but I think I've got some things down and better connections with fabric suppliers so hopefully moving forward you will see much more interesting fabrics (certainly beyond the charcoal, navy and grey solids)! Just be patient, please, as I know you have been!

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changing gears from jackets for a moment.
When might we see a new crop of miscellaneous inventory on the site? It seems like the latest deliveries have been a bit thin. Are you moving more in the direction of focusing on your own private label items?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Changing gears from jackets for a moment.
When might we see a new crop of miscellaneous inventory on the site? It seems like the latest deliveries have been a bit thin. Are you moving more in the direction of focusing on your own private label items?

Good question and thanks for asking. I'll try not to ramble on too long. The short answers to your question are, yes we are working on getting more branded merchandise on the site. Coming in for sure is Brioni suits and sport jackets. They should be on the site in the next 2-3 weeks. We also hope to have some new dress shirts in from one or more of the following: Barba, Borrelli, Finamore, Mattabisch, Kiton. Also getting a handful of new Caruso suits. Did you have anything in particular in mind?

Indeed we have had less emphasis on the already established luxury brands, and there are reasons. They have been harder to come by at workable prices in recent years, due to the reality that there's been less production and also there seem to be a lot more sellers of these kinds of things on ebay directly out of Italy. Because of these reasons I have been more focused on the Benjamin line since I have better control of inventory and selection (hopefully much more moving forward especially regarding production issues), and the products really are very high quality at the Canali/Corneliani/Hickey Freeman level at great prices. Additionally I can get feedback from customers like you forum members and respond accordingly based on your wants and needs. That being said, while the Benjamin line is rapidly taking up market share of the eHaberdasher inventory, we will continue to endeavor in offering you inventory from the luxury brands that brought most people to the eHaberdasher site in the first place.

Truth be told - I would like to take on Suit Supply. I think my garment is superior and I can get it to you for cheaper. Still toying with the idea of a half canvassed line of Benjamin suits and playing around with various models and looking for more and more fabric.

As always, thoughts and feedback are welcome, including constructive criticism.

XFactor

Reaction score
What is the most affordable summer/ warm weather friendly suit in your collection?

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question and thanks for asking. I'll try not to ramble on too long. The short answers to your question are, yes we are working on getting more branded merchandise on the site. Coming in for sure is Brioni suits and sport jackets. They should be on the site in the next 2-3 weeks. We also hope to have some new dress shirts in from one or more of the following: Barba, Borrelli, Finamore, Mattabisch, Kiton. Also getting a handful of new Caruso suits. Did you have anything in particular in mind?

Indeed we have had less emphasis on the already established luxury brands, and there are reasons. They have been harder to come by at workable prices in recent years, due to the reality that there's been less production and also there seem to be a lot more sellers of these kinds of things on ebay directly out of Italy. Because of these reasons I have been more focused on the Benjamin line since I have better control of inventory and selection (hopefully much more moving forward especially regarding production issues), and the products really are very high quality at the Canali/Corneliani/Hickey Freeman level at great prices. Additionally I can get feedback from customers like you forum members and respond accordingly based on your wants and needs. That being said, while the Benjamin line is rapidly taking up market share of the eHaberdasher inventory, we will continue to endeavor in offering you inventory from the luxury brands that brought most people to the eHaberdasher site in the first place.

Truth be told - I would like to take on Suit Supply. I think my garment is superior and I can get it to you for cheaper. Still toying with the idea of a half canvassed line of Benjamin suits and playing around with various models and looking for more and more fabric.

As always, thoughts and feedback are welcome, including constructive criticism.

Interested in accessories, outerwear, and sweaters. I.e., non-tailored items.
Regarding Suit Supply, they have a lot of razzle-dazzle, and that is what hooks people in. People want pizzazz first, quality second. It may be an uphill battle.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What is the most affordable summer/ warm weather friendly suit in your collection? 

We carry a variety of brands as may be seen on our website. It all depends on what size you are and what you're specifically looking for. If you are referring more specifically to our own collection, as in the Benjamin Sartorial collection of suits, the solids (navy, charcoal and medium grey) are widely considered to be the best value we have to offer at an affordable price, being that they are full floating canvassed and are a utilitarian weight at about 270 grams. In addition they have just recently been restocked so our current selection is quite good.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Interested in accessories, outerwear, and sweaters. I.e., non-tailored items.
Regarding Suit Supply, they have a lot of razzle-dazzle, and that is what hooks people in. People want pizzazz first, quality second. It may be an uphill battle.

I may be headed back to Italy next week - I'll keep my eyes peeled.

As for taking on Suit Supply - we will be going beyond the charcoal navy and grey so hopefully people will pick up on us presenting a strong alternative to SS in the near future... we'll see!

XFactor

Reaction score

I am somewhere between 38-40 US. Slim to Athletic build. Solids. Affordable. Summer / heat friendly?

Can you link to a starting point / price range for such an example?
We carry a variety of brands as may be seen on our website. It all depends on what size you are and what you're specifically looking for. If you are referring more specifically to our own collection, as in the Benjamin Sartorial collection of suits, the solids (navy, charcoal and medium grey) are widely considered to be the best value we have to offer at an affordable price, being that they are full floating canvassed and are a utilitarian weight at about 270 grams. In addition they have just recently been restocked so our current selection is quite good.

If that collection of Solids is the most affordable then it partially answers my question.

Are there any suits that are summer friendly or have fabrics similar to the cool effect of Fresco, Finmeresco, Crispaire?

tdude

Reaction score
^^ out of line dude. He answered your question. You didn't say what size you wear to begin with. Your reply tacitly concedes that, yet you unleash the sarcasm. All of his suits are here http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-Suits/Categories and the weight of the wool/fabric is described. As his reply states, all of his Benjamin suits are all-year weights. As for the definition of "most affordable", which may not mean "cheapest" you make that call.

XFactor

Reaction score
^^ out of line dude. He answered your question. You didn't say what size you wear to begin with. Your reply tacitly concedes that, yet you unleash the sarcasm. All of his suits are here http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-Suits/Categories and the weight of the wool/fabric is described. As his reply states, all of his Benjamin suits are all-year weights. As for the definition of "most affordable", which may not mean "cheapest" you make that call.

Sorry, if it seems so, but it is not sarcasm. It seems so online. It was with all due respect. When I wrote it - it was sincerely. I am a bit new to the PLETHORA of information on SF and having read so much about eHaberdashers collection and Benjamins etc and looking through their online thing, I was wondering which of those would be a good..
- AFFORDABLE
- SUMMER/ HOT WEATHER
..option.

Maybe he did answer the question from his side, but I did not get clarity. Let me put it this way - I was hoping that he might point out/ link to 1/2 pieces on his site.
Plus, I don't know his collection and collections.
The weight terminology is something I do not have knowledge of so it confused me more. The Suit Guides I have been reading on SF dont have some kind of weight 101 in them.

Again, I meant no disrespect or sarcasm - I just found myself a bit confused (maybe due to lack of expertise on my part) to dissect his reply.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads