• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Your Job Sucks Today

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Only about 10% of my coworkers speak English, so if I fuckup, they can only shake their heads, but not tell me how to actually do the task.

Over half my supervisors are on work release, so after they punch out they go back to jail and **** each other.

I work 8 PM to 7 AM almost daily, kissed my social life goodbye. May need to invest in pool table.

Come home covered in turkey guts and smell like hickory smoked rectum.

Job is quite fast paced and physically draining, wears me down.

Got caustic acid in my eye yesterday, felt like a big frickin hair in there I couldnt wipe out.

Knowing I make 1/3rd as much as a negatosexual assembling a newsletter.

Oh well just one more month or so and Im out! Overall Im glad I took the job, I think a ****** job is necessary life experience.

good grief man. I suppose i should quit bitching. yours sucks worse than mine. By far.

heartworm

Reaction score
A ****** job is one of the best ways to motivate yourself to get an education. I worked an absolutely terrible job unloading containers after high school, then decided after 3 months that anything would be better and got a job at a mental institution in the section that held the violent patients (job included changing diapers on grown men and other shenanigans), where I worked for 9 months. Just started my 6th year of uni and haven't failed a course so far.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

A ****** job is one of the best ways to motivate yourself to get an education. I worked an absolutely terrible job unloading containers after high school, then decided after 3 months that anything would be better and got a job at a mental institution in the section that held the violent patients (job included changing diapers on grown men and other shenanigans), where I worked for 9 months. Just started my 6th year of uni and haven't failed a course so far.

not always. the job i had pre college was so much more fun than the job i have now. I suppose its just me growing up to be a mean asshole. ;)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my job sucks everyday.

i work at least 10 hours plus an hour of commute time.

none of my employees or customers have more than a high school diploma, if that.

even semi intelligent conversation is given up on.

my customers are 90% a bunch of animals

my bosses dont give a **** about anything but their money. we have no heat in below freezing winters and no ac in above 100 degree summers.

if the numbers are bad ******** up

if they are good its cuz the owners are advertising geniuses.

and this is just our slow season where at least i have time to cruise the net.

im not even gonna start on my 6 days a week plus 5 hours saturday night work, busy season bitching.

that enough or shall i keep going?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

my job sucks everyday.

none of my employees or customers have more than a high school diploma, if that.

my bosses dont give a **** about anything but their money. we have no heat in below freezing winters and no ac in above 100 degree summers.

im not even gonna start on my 6 days a week plus 5 hours saturday night work, busy season bitching.

theres SOMEONE out there that is sucking off an old man for a bucks. hope thats some kind of consolation. ;)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

theres SOMEONE out there that is sucking off an old man for a bucks. hope thats some kind of consolation. ;)

well then i guess you do have a worse job than me. thanks for cheering me up. ;)

did i mention as of last night my job is probably going to my bosses 19 year old brother turd burglar?

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
We've been really busy at work...which is great since i get a bonus based on sales every month. recently, i got a girl working with me that does all of my paperwork. I talk to my customers, jot down everything they need and when they need it, and give it to her to fill out the paperwork and send to my setup department. Paperwork here is a ******* pain **********...tons of useless info that has to be presented in a VERY specific format. its ******* marsupialed how anal they are about it....for a damn trash dumpster. anyway, this week ive been buttfucked with calls from customers who are bitching that they arent able to start a construction project because we havent delivered their container yet...or another guy needed 1, and we sent 2. Stupid **** like that. Come to find out, the ******* girl doing my paperwork is really ******* everything up. When I emailed her and asked where the **** the accounts were, she told me she must have forgotten because of all the emails she was getting. Not only am i loosing money because customers are cancelling, but its getting embarrassing. Some of these are customers that have multiple accounts and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars here a year. Not having to worry about paperwork has been nice, but getting fucked by incompetence is really getting me pissed. Looks like ill get to use my nonexistent breaks and lunch time to make sure someone else is doing their job.

back to work.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude that is not good. dont let your money get fucked by bad help. sorry to hear that. :(

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More and more my job consists of begging for money or looking for loose change. Also known euphemistically as grant writing.

my job sucks everyday.

Go on. I could use a cheering up.

What kind of work do you do? Sorry to hear about the turd burglar. Not much you can do about nepotism..

Last edited:

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grant writing, from what I can tell, truly sucks.

According to my buddy, not nearly as bad as working any job in the field of donations. Unemployed and want a job today? You'll find tons of donor-related jobs. Only problem is that you'll probably be unemployed a few months later due to lack of results and/or burnout.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Grant writing, from what I can tell, truly sucks.

According to my buddy, not nearly as bad as working any job in the field of donations. Unemployed and want a job today? You'll find tons of donor-related jobs. Only problem is that you'll probably be unemployed a few months later due to lack of results and/or burnout.

If you're good at it, though, it's a great career path - you're always in demand, and you'll earn more than anyone except the executive director.

East2West

Reaction score
Vent/Rant:

**** **** God Damn it Motherfucker I didn't get the raise and promotion that I've been waiting since APRIL to hear confirmed! All theses months of people telling me "oh you'll get it for sure" and "you deserve this" and now nothing. I kept telling myself not to expect it but that if it happens great. But who am I fooling? I expected it. I go so above and beyond the normal scope of my job description and not just because of the career advancement that was in the horizon but because I really liked what I was doing. Now, I just don't know. I'm so deflated and frustrated and tired. /SPOILER]

Am I being selfish? immature? Can anyone whose gone through that relate?
What should I do at this point?

I'd appreciate some helpful or insightful response...thanks guys :satisfied:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads