• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Shell Cordovan Is The $#!+

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inspired by Manton's thread about John Lobb Paris Bespoke. I picked these Brooks English wingtips up a few months back. They were in bad shape but I could tell they were shell and I thought with some elbow grease they might polish up nicely.

Before:

1.jpg

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First step was to buff them with the inside of an athletic sock. This took off a ton of gunk and revealed the most beautiful color underneath. I've never seen shell this color, it's similar to mahogany but has a ruby red hue. The photos really do it no justice. These side by side shots show the staggering difference.

During:

2.jpg

3.jpg

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used a combination of Crema Nubiana and Creme Cordovan to condition and polish these up. Added a new pair of laces as well. Once again the depth of the outers just blew me away. I've sold probably 15+ cordovan shoes from Alden and AE and nothing even approaches these. The weather has been terrible but I'll try to get some better shots when the sun comes out. After
5.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, those are gorgeous. They might be color #8, but aged. Nick Horween shows on his blog that #8 cordovan can turn that color after being exposed to sunlight for a long time.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow nice shoes and restoration. I wish I had a better eye to spot such gems.

How are the inter-linings holding up, hope they're in fair shape as sometimes they can turn nasty with age.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These shoes are absolutely amazing. The color is superb. Great job with the restoration - it only shows what rewards looking beyond the surface brings.

ajv

Reaction score
Nate,

Just a few words : thank you, you made me dream.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pair of shells. Anyone who Talks down on Aldens needs referred to this thread.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Great job on the restoration effort. They look amazing. And yeah, I do think those are sun-faded #8. I'm inspired to try fading one of my #8 pairs to see if I can achieve a similar patina.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads