• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your damage?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where could I even begin:
common projects - $200
allen edmonds niles - $150
allen edmonds redding $140
allen edmonds redding $120
apc x nike - $60
vans authentics - $40
vans authentics - $20
banana republic sarahas - $40

so that is close to $800 just on sneakers/shoes and that will only go up as I want a pair of boots this winter and another 2 pairs of allen edmonds

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lets move to denim:
apc new cure grey - $210
apc new cure indigo - $130
dior dauphin 19cm - $390
RRL Straight Slim - $80
Flathead 3001 - $220
R&B 17 - $110
Lee 101z - $100

so that is over a grand on just denim too ( i did sell those flathead/R&B/and lee though)

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also my girlfriend thinks i only like to buy things cause they are expensive
so hard to prove her wrong, it just happens to be that everything i like is expensive
frown.gif

korce

Reaction score
Hmm...well I've been around for about a year but only really started buying SF approved in the last 6 months (other than my APC rescues from about 1.5 years ago, which were a birthday present)

So (all prices in rough CAD/US including tax):

APC Rescue - Free (present)
Clarks DB - $100 CAD
Filson Mack. Cruiser - Free (present)
2 X Calvin Klein "fitted" shirts - $100 CAD
Nagrani and Uomo Socks - $60 US
Gap Design Edition White Shirt - $70 CAD
Gap Plaid Shorts - $40 CAD
Filson briefcase no. 257 - $260 CAD
Half Norfolk Jacket from Fellow SF'er - $60 + 30 alterations
Corpus shawl collar oxford - $110 CAD

Total - $830

This is not including other items I bought which may not necessarily be "SF-approved", nor is it including the well over $1000 that I spent on hypebeast-type sneakers last summer. Though, some of those are still DS and will be sold when I'll get more than what I paid back.

As for future purchases - something tells me it will only get worse:

-TaT suit - $465
-NDG Shetland Highneck Sweater - $360
-MJK slim fit pants - $125
-and on it goes....

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the stuff I buy I'd be buying anyways even if I never heard of SF

but the one item that I def wouldnt own if not for the forum are my navy Vass Budapester brogues....oh yea and my 2 pairs of Alden cordovans

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only started browsing the For Sale forum recently, so I havn't bought much yet, a few pairs of trousers and I'm looking at some ties and pocketsquares (even though I don't wear ties to work and I don't yet own a jacket that's really suitable for wearing a pocket square with!).

I would be tempted by a lot more but unfortunately, with a 34" chest and a size 7 foot, all the shoes, suits and shirts are too large for me. I'll probably be making my first Jantzen order soon though
laugh.gif

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Toman Raw denim £30
2x Burton Black Label shirts £20 each (Down from £50 each, yay Sale)

I still don't get how most of the people on the site can afford most of the stuff they wear in the WAYWT thread. You must all be rich, or have no money put away for a rainy day.

(Not to worry, you probably spent the cash on a Prada Umbrella anyway.)

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been almost 2 years, and I don't even want to think about it. Too goddamn much is the short answer - seem my list of denimz 4 sale.

The worst part is that after about 6 months here, I got into SuFu hardcore, which sort of indirectly got me back into sneakers, so now I have more of those than I know what to do with. The problem is that I used to have a ton of disposable income, but I wasn't working for a long time and now work on the nonprofit side, so...

musicboohoo[1].gif

Point of the story is, buy my stuff...

James Gatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
the stuff I buy I'd be buying anyways even if I never heard of SF

Same here, but the forum did introduce me to 5EP and Michael J. Krell, so I guess if I were to estimate how much my wallet lightened after discovering SF (and thus those two in particular,) it'd probably be in the neighborhood of a grand.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Approximately $1100. However, I rebuilt my entire wardrobe for that sum (including (edit: new, not used! Dear god...!) undergarments, and one connoisseur denim item!), thanks to eBay, and a few generous and/or desperate sellers here at SF. And while I am possessed of little more than the core essentials/basics (and the number of designer labels in my closet can be counted on one hand), I now have a solid foundation that allows me to dress more tastefully than your average popped-collar, trucker-hat-wearing doucebag. This place has empowered me to rise from my former clueless, sartorially-challenged white guy self, to the stylish, smokin' hot piece of ass (read: nearly-clueless, slightly-not-ugly) I am today! Thanks SF!
fing02[1].gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Approximately $1100.

However, I rebuilt my entire wardrobe for that sum (including undergarments, and one connoisseur denim item!), thanks to eBay, and a few generous and/or desperate sellers here at SF.

You buy used underwear!?! Other dudes' boys have been in there!

This place has empowered me to rise from my former clueless, sartorially-challenged white guy to the stylish, smokin' hot piece of ass (read: nearly-clueless, slightly-not-ugly) I am today! Thanks SF!
fing02[1].gif
Yes... but are you still a white guy?

(Check the back of your hand if necessary.)

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
You buy used underwear!?! Other dudes' boys have been in there!
Oh dear god no!
eek.gif
Not everything on eBay is used! Yikes; I do believe I should have structured that sentence differently...!
Yes... but are you still a white guy?
Like another man has said; I'm not sure because I don't see color. I have been told I am a white guy, but I simply have to take their word for it.
biggrin.gif

steve147

Reaction score
I used to spend a lot on my clothes and spend so much time at stores but ive finally discovered shopping online and its definitely saved me a pretty penny and quite a bit of time

KBW

Reaction score
I don't want to know...I haven't been an active member for all that long but after joining I've started looking WAYYY better but with my build it meant going the custom route for all of my shirts. I've used oxxford, mytailor.com, jantzen, brooks brothers mtm, kiton, and several others. I also asked for advice on watches on here before and of course ended up buying every one I asked about. The thread on the desert boots had me ordering a pair of those. I also have picked up 4 pairs of high dollar jeans now (Somet, APC, Nudie) since reading and they all look much better. Recently picked up a casual pair of aldens and really cool allen edmonds loafers with some crazy punches.

I've learned a lot on how to care for my clothes and shoes, I've bought items that last longer, and I now wear clothes that fit me a lot better...especially shirts so I don't feel I've wasted any $ since becoming a member.

As far as things I've picked up (some bought some gifts) that I wouldn't have if I wasn't a member this list takes care of most of it:
vintage dunhill lighter
3 bullheads...1 breitling and 2 seikos (one I gifted to my father)
PAM 177
Seiko MarineMaster (as you can tell I love watches)
Tom Ford aviators
Persols
3 pairs of incotex trousers
Somet Slims (i'd still probably eventually have bought the APC rescues)
Oxxford suit and several shirts
Kiton shirt (got a wonderful deal from someone who bought it and didn't like the fit...I had it tailored)

All in all I haven't spent nearly as much as that list makes it out to look like. My mom bought me the Oxxford suit and my other tailored suit as part of my graduation present and all of the watches other than the bullheads were gifts that I asked for. My sister bought me the Tom Fords after I sent her a link asking if she liked them (she is a stylist and owns several boutiques and salons) and several of the others were gifts. I bought the lighter, seiko bullheads (father's day gift and I kept one for myself), pair of persols, 2 of the incotex trousers, and all of the jeans. I just put in a large Oxxford order now that I'm getting into accounting/finance and my business is doing much better than expected (we are relatively young and hired 16 employees in the last 1/4).

danyllau

Reaction score
So far, I would have spent around the same amount anyway, but I will consider my spending to be a bit more informed and SF-concious.

Nevertheless, after joining this forum (all the watch Appreciation, forward to timezone.com, pmwf), I have found my watches to be highly inadequate. I have quickly spent around $600 for a few lower end watches for temporary relieve and have set around a 3k-5k budget for 1 watch (or maybe 2) in the near future. I guess that could be pretty big damage.
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads