• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for going through the trouble of uploading images with no thoughts shared.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was intensely good

glad I finally saw it.

American or Swedish?

I've been meaning to watch the US version (swedish was great, although I can't remember if I watched the third movie or not)

seeldoger47

Reaction score
Thanks for going through the trouble of uploading images with no thoughts shared.
I'll tell you what I thought about the films I watch if you ask; to do otherwise is just me telling you my opinion, which you may or (more likely) may not want to hear.
Stolen Kisses might be my favorite Truffaut film.
What makes this one stand out for you?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was intensely good

glad I finally saw it.

American or Swedish?

I've been meaning to watch the US version (swedish was great, although I can't remember if I watched the third movie or not)

The first Swedish one was great (not as good as the books of course)... but I plan to watch it again along w/ parts 2 & 3 over Christmas. I really have no desire to see the US version... in my experience most US remakes suck anyway, and how could Daniel Craig plausibly play Blomkvist? I dunno.

not much time for movies in general but I did see Pan's Labyrinth a couple weeks ago... I enjoyed it.

Mr Melanzane

Reaction score
Stolen Kisses might be my favorite Truffaut film.

Lèaud's insouciance is well done and rather appealing. I recently re-viewed it too. the sequel, Bed and Board, I found less satisfying-

Nikos

Reaction score
The first Swedish one was great (not as good as the books of course)... but I plan to watch it again along w/ parts 2 & 3 over Christmas. I really have no desire to see the US version... in my experience most US remakes suck anyway, and how could Daniel Craig plausibly play Blomkvist? I dunno.

I had the same reservations but both were good actually. No real reason to watch them both though (except perhaps, being on SF, that Craig was well dressed).

This is next:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What makes this one stand out for you?

It has a really beautiful little rhythm to it. In a way, it reminds me of a good silent comedy, although the actual comedy is very dry and subtle. And I think it does an excellent job of portraying what it feels like to be that age.

I really love that whole series. Bed and Board is a little dull but Love on the Run is really fascinating to watch for how tough on Doinel it is (also to see how gorgeous Colette from Antoine and Colette turned out to be).

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

American or Swedish?

American

I don't keep with international films. just mainstream :eek:

Daniel Craig was good, but I have to give it up to Rooney Mara. What a badass in the film

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had the same reservations but both were good actually. No real reason to watch them both though (except perhaps, being on SF, that Craig was well dressed

This +1

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not much time for movies in general but I did see Pan's Labyrinth a couple weeks ago... I enjoyed it.

one of my favorite movies of all time. unbelievable that movie.

--

who here saw a place beyond the pines? was it great? been meaning to watch it, but lack the motivation.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Place Beyond the Pines it has the most unusual structure of any movie I've ever seen . Worked for me.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, e. much appreciated.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gravity was insane. One of the most awe inspiring and yet stressful movies I have ever seen.

Make sure to see it in theaters, the sound and the score are really integral to the experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads