• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the Eric Bana one? That one is hilariously terrible. Ang Lee makes some good movies but who in the **** thought he should make a Hulk movie.

The Ed Norton Hulk is just as terrible, but for completely different reasons.

Bana sucked and the movie was not very good. One thing: that fight scene with the dogs in the woods? That was the best piece of CGI I've ever seen. It was incredibly well done. You really felt the power of that Hulk and those animals going at it. Its worth seeing just for that scene.

have not seen boogie nights, would agree on magnolia being about an 8, but would give TWBB at least an 8.5.

Must see. You're film gaps often surprise me. Everyone has seen Boogie Nights.

I miss Siskel and Ebert. Used to watch their show every sunday.

They were great. Yup... Sunday. They did such a good job disagreeing.

Loved Zero Dark Thirty. I thought it was extremely well made and presented. I didn't know anything about it going in, so when the plot turned towards its climax I was like whoa holy **** its about xxxxxx xxx xxxxx.

Excellent film, much better than that ****** Argo.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Watching Duck Soup with my daughter and she's laughing her ass off. Further evidence that the Marx Bros films are timeless.

Agreed.

Just finished the Dollars Trilogy. I thought A Fistful of Dollars was the best. Maybe it was because I saw that first...

I'm really partial to Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. But they're all great.

Seek out his other films like Once Upon a Time in the West, Once Upon a Time in America, and Duck, You Sucker! In my humble opinion the restored version of Once Upon a Time in America is better than the Godfather.

Hannerhan

Reaction score

Agreed.
I'm really partial to Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. But they're all great.

Seek out his other films like Once Upon a Time in the West, Once Upon a Time in America, and Duck, You Sucker! In my humble opinion the restored version of Once Upon a Time in America is better than the Godfather.

Truth. Leone's films just got better. Also, Once Upon a Time in the West is the probably best Western ever filmed. The opening scene alone is better than 90% of all other Westerns in their entirety.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

Transcendental. Its one of the best films I've ever seen.

"Just one moment, when you know you're not a sad story" sums it up. See it and remember how hard it was to transition.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus, Martyrs was terrible. Could've been 15 minutes shorter, there was no purpose to any of it other than to show the torture scenes and try to shock people

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

salisboss

Reaction score
Master and Commander has been on a lot lately. I like that era so I have watched alot of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. the surgery part was pretty rough on my stomach though.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re watching 28 Weeks Later, the 28 Days sequel. It's a sequel so there's always that loss of originality to deal with but it might just be a better film. It's really quite good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads