• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
The Father of my Children.
Contemporary French movie about movie producer and his family. All performances are spot on, not an ounce of spare direction or dialogue. Probably one of the best movies I saw last year.
Wait for the Hollywood re-make if you like happy endings and prefer not to read subs.

The story is based on the life of a real movie producer, I certianly hope no one has the audacity to turn this into a totally different story with nice morals and happy ending.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Boys Don't Cry\t-\tGood
Defiance\t-\tShit
Johnny Mnemonic\t-\tShit
Pollock\t-\tShit
The Grapes of Wrath\t-\tGood
Just Cause\t-\tMeh
Murder in the First\t-\tMeh
Precious: Based on the Novel by Sapphire\t-\tDidn't finish 5 minutes
The Thin Red Line\t-\tDidn't Finish
The Outsiders\t-\tGood
The Pianist\t-\tMeh
Chaos Theory\t-\tBad
National Geographic: Camp Leatherneck\t-\tDidn't Finish
Solitary Confinement\t-\tMeh
The Buddha\t-\tDidn't Finish
The Lottery\t-\tDidn't Finish
Moment of Death\t-\tMoving
National Geographic: Inside North Korea\t-\tGood
World's Most Dangerous Drug\t-\tmeh
Hidden Fortress\t-\tDidn't Finish
Objectified\t-\tGood
Billy Elliot\t-\tShit
The Basketball Diaries\t-\tShit
The White Ribbon\t-\tShit

My netflix watch instant activity since November. I watch most of these while I'm working, I keep them on in the background and don't pay a ton of attention to them. This is why some of them were not even finished.

You either have awful taste or should watch movies properly.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out The Box with Cameron Diaz and James Marsden while I was performing computer maintenance.

It was okay. Better than I thought it would be. Cool 70's set pieces.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You either have awful taste or should watch movies properly.

Which of the movies I rated poorly do you think are good, which of the ones I enjoyed do you think are ******?

I didn't finish Hidden Fortress or The Thin Red Line becaause I want to take the time to properly view both of them. I realized that I wouldn't enjoy them as much if I worked while watching them.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the 2009 Star Trek. I liked it. I have never watched Star Trek in any form prior to this.

Are the old movies worth watching? If so I'll netflix them all in appropriate order.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Watched the 2009 Star Trek. I liked it. I have never watched Star Trek in any form prior to this.

Are the old movies worth watching? If so I'll netflix them all in appropriate order.

If you watch any of the old movies, let it be Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming it's only important I watch the movies in appropriate order within their respective sub-genres right? Obviously a movie with the next gen cast won't rely on the shatner/nimoy movies for any continuity?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Assuming it's only important I watch the movies in appropriate order within their respective sub-genres right? Obviously a movie with the next gen cast won't rely on the shatner/nimoy movies for any continuity?
No, there's continuity between the movies with the original cast, and the movies with the Star Trek: The Next Generation cast (Patrick Stewart et alia). However, the most recent movie was a "reboot", and is set in an 'alternate reality' to the universe that was represented in all of the earlier versions. There's an adage that the only Star Trek movies worth watching are the even-numbers, starting with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
If you watch any of the old movies, let it be Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

+1

Classic Trek.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Which of the movies I rated poorly do you think are good, which of the ones I enjoyed do you think are ******?

I didn't finish Hidden Fortress or The Thin Red Line becaause I want to take the time to properly view both of them. I realized that I wouldn't enjoy them as much if I worked while watching them.

White ribbon isn't a strong Haneke but anything he does is miles ahead of pretty much anyone else working right now.

I mainly objected to the way you watch movie and would advise you to watch less of them but to pay more attention (see thin red line, hidden fortress etc).

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
White ribbon isn't a strong Haneke but anything he does is miles ahead of pretty much anyone else working right now.

I'll check out Haneke's other work if you say it is better. I think you are right that White Ribbon is better than most stuff out there, but I don't think that is saying much. I thought his whole connection between pre-WWI conditions to the rise of Nazism interesting but poorly done. Some of the institutions and traditions he examined were really not that different than those in rural America, with the exception of the feudal-esque farming system. I think the connections were contributing factors not exceptional. I also don't think they displayed in an exceptional manor.

Well I’m putting my mini-critique out there, I hope I don’t get intellectually ass raped by Fuuma.

Which of his films do you recommend?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'll check out Haneke's other work if you say it is better. I think you are right that White Ribbon is better than most stuff out there, but I don't think that is saying much. I thought his whole connection between pre-WWI conditions to the rise of Nazism interesting but poorly done. Some of the institutions and traditions he examined were really not that different than those in rural America, with the exception of the feudal-esque farming system. I think the connections were contributing factors not exceptional. I also don't think they displayed in an exceptional manor. Well I’m putting my mini-critique out there, I hope I don’t get intellectually ass raped by Fuuma. Which of his films do you recommend?
Everything is good but I haven't watched the earlier ones in years so I don't remember them 100%. Just look for cachÃ
00a9.png
/hidden, funny games (only saw the first version), code unknown and the piano teacher. The later is like black swan if it had been a good movie and not a mix of Haneke and showgirls. Oh yeah time of the wolf is good too. Movies and TV I recently watched: -Boardwalk empire season1 Black Swan The town it's kind of a funny story None of these are very good although it's kind of a funny story is a much better than average teen movie. Oh and Lennjy Kravitz wins at reproduction; his daughter is really hot.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will check some of them out, thanks. I think Black Swan could have been good if they didn't club the viewer over the head with the Swan Lake = Black Swan.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
None of these are very good although it's kind of a funny story is a much better than average teen movie.

Did you like Emma Roberts in it?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American History X the other night. I liked it a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads