• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hand gun?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who here has actually shot up their home in an attempt to blow away an armed intruder? Were you successful?

Nonk

Reaction score
on shotguns, my brother has one of these

index.html

My preference for handguns is for an automatic, having had a revolver previously.

I prefer the higher ammunition capacity and faster reload.

edit: that is supposed to be a pic of a spaz 12.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Who here has actually shot up their home in an attempt to blow away an armed intruder? Were you successful?

If you expand that to ask - "has anybody been an armed intruder in a house?" then I can answer in the affermative.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
If you expand that to ask - "has anybody been an armed intruder in a house?" then I can answer in the affermative.
As can I. Probably for different reasons though.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had someone attempt to break into my house years back.

They were not successful.

My 135 pound Rottweiler changed their mind.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So all intruders were thwarted w/o gunplay? Interesting. GT & TS: in harming said intruders did you at any point think "****, I could really use a gun right now - this may end up badly for me"?

Nonk

Reaction score
Romafan, I think like that all the time.

I guess I am just a nervous type.

If was allowed a gun again I would buy one in a heartbeat and carry it.

Comfort blanket really.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
GT & TS: in harming said intruders did you at any point think "****, I could really use a gun right now - this may end up badly for me"?

I think you misunderstand our response to your query.

We admitted to having BEEN armed intruders in someone elses house.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

I can't tell you how many times I broke into somebodies house to arrest them - could be dozens, could be more than 100. in pretty much every case they had either a ak-47 or a 9 mm hand gun by the bed, sometimes in bed with them. these were all young healthy and pretty well trained guys, all had very good reason to believe that they were in danger. none was able to generate accurate fire in any of the cases I was involved in. the vast majority didn't get their hands on their guns. that is - we were able to kick in a door, cross one or two rooms, and get to the guy before he could roll over and operate his firearm.

that is one of the biggest contributing factors to my belief that the firearm won't help in a situation where it is needed - if somebody wants you dead, you won't be able to operate the firearm in time to influence the situation.

my brother has scared away 2 burglars without a gun - they ran out as soon as they heard him yelling from upstairs. he has no combat training or weaposn what so ever.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I did indeed misunderstand. So for all the gun talk, it seems all discussion is in the hypothetical....

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did indeed misunderstand. So for all the gun talk, it seems all discussion is in the hypothetical....
That would probably be a pretty fair assessment. Even though there are about 2,154,000 burglaries a year, and only a fraction as many non-burglary violent crime home invasions, (****, murder, torture, arson, assault, etc) there are also 301,139,947+ people in the US. The chances of you running into a person who has been armed in their home while a stranger is in it and had the opportunity to defend themself is about as small as you can reasonably get. That doesn't mean that it never happens. It also doesn't mean that when planning one's home defense that you should discount the possibility that someday a crazy person will break into your house and attempt to kill you and your family for no real reason because none of the active posters on Styleforum have ever been forced to shoot someone in self defense.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would probably be a pretty fair assessment. Even though there are about 2,154,000 burglaries a year, and only a fraction as many non-burglary violent crime home invasions, (****, murder, torture, arson, assault, etc) there are also 301,139,947+ people in the US. The chances of you running into a person who has been armed in their home while a stranger is in it and had the opportunity to defend themself is about as small as you can reasonably get. That doesn't mean that it never happens. It also doesn't mean that when planning one's home defense that you should discount the possibility that someday a crazy person will break into your house and attempt to kill you and your family for no real reason.

yes, but as was discussed 2 years ago - it is much more likely that you will have somebody in your house suffer cardiac arrest. for the price of a good firearm, you can get an automatic difibrilator. if a person really wants to save lives, he would invest in an automatic difibrilator.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
yes, but as was discussed 2 years ago - it is much more likely that you will have somebody in your house suffer cardiac arrest. for the price of a good firearm, you can get an automatic difibrilator. if a person really wants to save lives, he would invest in an automatic difibrilator.
If I had a gun and someone has a heart attack in my house, I'm shooting them. We can all agree hopefully that (most) people don't really own guns because they WANT TO KILL SOMEONE. They own guns because it makes them feel safer. A defibrilator doesn't really give you that same effect for some reason.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I had a gun and someone has a heart attack in my house, I'm shooting them.

you know the one about the guy goes hunting with his friend, shoots his friend by accident, treats him in the field and takes him to the hospital. the doctor says "it probrably dind't make any difference, but you shouldnt have gutted and cleaned your friend before bringing him in"

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We can all agree hopefully that (most) people don't really own guns because they WANT TO KILL SOMEONE. They own guns because it makes them feel safer. A defibrilator doesn't really give you that same effect for some reason.

an illusion.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member