• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8214.jpg

IMG_8217.jpg

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents, nothing new to show I don't buy Vass shoes anymore haven't purchased in years. But occasionally I post an older one when I clean them or just feel like it. I think it's nice to see how they age. After owning two dozens pairs, this is one of 6 pairs that I still have and will be with me forever.

Wingtip in F last, whisky cordovan (or saddle like I think Vass call them). This is about 12 years old, I can't find a picture new but I'm pretty sure it's a bit darker now. Whisky is my 2nd favorite shell color after Alden's Ravello.

View attachment 2076693

Simply amazing.
A Kolecho special order?

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simply amazing.
A Kolecho special order?
Thanks!, I used to order directly from Vass. At the Time it was there a gentleman named Mr. Kuti (not sure if he is still there), I think he was the husband of Vass daughter if I’m not mistaken. He had my exact size and I only had to call him and tell him what I wanted. It was a cool period they were great, before they started messing up and doing things like that museum stuff. they changed.. or maybe I changed.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, my first Vass shoes.. many years of use. Outside of casual PTB's, this is the only black shoe I own, I don't even have black captoes.

I really like this pair, the leather is very high quality, I think I ordered these in 2011 or 2012. I didn't even wasn't sure of my size since it was the first Vass. Turned out to be a bit large but they fit perfect with a Superfeet insole.

Taking a bit of sun at the patio today.. Have a great Sunday

Hand35.JPG

Hand36.JPG

Hand37.JPG

Camillo

Reaction score
I was aiming for a pair of black full-brogue derbies for quite some time. The goal was to have a solid, chunky pair of shoes that will go well with heavier trousers, both creased trousers and jeans.

Because I already have a pair of Budaptesters, the decision was quite simple - a second pair of Budaptesters in black calf leather. Made on the BP last in G-fit, double dainite sole and 270 degree goyser stitch. Nothing more to add. Gorgeous shoes.

PS. The BP last is on of my favourite lasts ever. The combination of a large toe box and a narrow heel fits my feet perfectly.

Here are some pics:
8D94C5D3-3403-42BF-AB4E-B9420BF0CA15.JPG

55017E9B-67BA-4177-940D-01A6708F71EE.JPG
A4F84AED-085B-4B63-AC16-D0C97314B5D7.JPG

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
I was aiming for a pair of black full-brogue derbies for quite some time. The goal was to have a solid, chunky pair of shoes that will go well with heavier trousers, both creased trousers and jeans.

Because I already have a pair of Budaptesters, the decision was quite simple - a second pair of Budaptesters in black calf leather. Made on the BP last in G-fit, double dainite sole and 270 degree goyser stitch. Nothing more to add. Gorgeous shoes.

PS. The BP last is on of my favourite lasts ever. The combination of a large toe box and a narrow heel fits my feet perfectly.

Here are some pics:
View attachment 2082621
View attachment 2082623
View attachment 2082625
View attachment 2082627
View attachment 2082629
My shoe twin!!!

I have the exact same pair (goyser welt and all). Mine are also BP last, but not a G-fit. These are a bit worn now:

Vass Black Budapester sz.44 #2.jpg
Vass Black Budapester sz.44 #6.jpg

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BlueSteel , but still going strong!

When were they made? The broguing on the heel looks different - was this a custom order or has Vass changed this model over the years?

Vass used that design originally on their budapesters until about 2004,
then they used the more mainstream design (used these days) to appeal to a broader market.

That BP above is an old one.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
@BlueSteel , but still going strong!

When were they made? The broguing on the heel looks different - was this a custom order or has Vass changed this model over the years?
Good point! And yes, the leather in the heel area is even cut differently.

I bought these (pretty lightly) used, so I am not sure when they were originally made.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Vass used that design originally on their budapesters until about 2004,
then they used the more mainstream design (used these days) to appeal to a broader market.

That BP above is an old one.
Thanks for the info - I bought these used, so was not sure about their age.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they offer g or h widths? I spent a half hour in there shop in Budapest
15 years ago and the were unable to fit me. I wear 4E running shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads