• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

RenosanDufus

Reaction score
Chinese Style Vegetables in Kuzu Sauce over Brown Rice
Baked Yellow Summer Squash with Miso-Ginger Sauce
Aduki Beans
Kukicha Tea

yummm

carlhuber

Reaction score
Wednesday. - First part to tide me over: pan seared salmon with just a touch of salt and pepper (one of my favorite) - then after Volleyball practice was real dinner: Huli Huli Chicken and baby portobello mushroom over wild rice (huli huli is a hawaiian marinade not unlike a sweet teriyaki, but somehow better) Tuesday: - homemade pizza my own sauce (diced tomatoes, garlic, herbs and a splash of BBQ sauce) sliced jalapeno peppers sauteed chicken mediterranean olives chopped spinach under a bed of mozarella, provolone, cheddar and montery jack cheese Monday: Shrimp, artichoke hearts, mushroom, and onion on shishkebab (just salt and pepper) over a salad of wilted spinach, kidney beans and pine nuts

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I steamed two huge crab claws (just the pincer part, not the connecting 'arm') which weighed .9 pounds combined - so each pincer was nearly 1/2 a pound!
wow.gif

They were delicious though.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mother in from Europe, she made bœuf bourguignon. I made lasagna with a ragù that simmered on the stove for 3 hours. She beat me: her dish simmered for 5 hours. Perfect accompaniment to the rainy, cold weather, aromas taunting visitors.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me and a lady friend after finding out a Cuban restaurant, and an Italian one were closed mid-day on a Sunday??? decided on a Thai restaurant. This was my first time eating Thai food and to be quite honest I didn't like it.

First was a spring roll with a sweet & sour sauce which was fine and a shrimp and onino sweet & spicey soup. Definetely not my thing.

For the main dish I had a chicken over mixed greens and vegetables and white rice topped with a peanut sauce. I liked everything except for the peanut sauce. I decided to try it once to be daring and live a little but I probably should have ordered it on the side instead of on top. I thought it would be more of a peanut oil type of topping rather than a thick paste. Next time...at least now I know.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
Me and a lady friend after finding out a Cuban restaurant, and an Italian one were closed mid-day on a Sunday??? decided on a Thai restaurant. This was my first time eating Thai food and to be quite honest I didn't like it.

First was a spring roll with a sweet & sour sauce which was fine and a shrimp and onino sweet & spicey soup. Definetely not my thing.

For the main dish I had a chicken over mixed greens and vegetables and white rice topped with a peanut sauce. I liked everything except for the peanut sauce. I decided to try it once to be daring and live a little but I probably should have ordered it on the side instead of on top. I thought it would be more of a peanut oil type of topping rather than a thick paste. Next time...at least now I know.

is this an authentic thai place? i dont think true thai dishes are served as rice toppings. sounds more like a hodgepodge of chicken and whatever veggies they can saute then top it with generic peanut sauce to give it a "thai" edge.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Roasted sockeye salmon with EVOO, pepper, Fleur de Sel. Note the thick bands of fat -- and this is not even a prime specimen. Stir-fried shrimp. Straight off the boat.

chrysalid

Reaction score
yesterday lunch i tried a new local carribean takeaway - had the jerk chicken with rice and peas and a festival (a deep fried corn dumpling) - nicer than the subway i was going to have but not exactly mind blowing. they also do saltfish and ackee and goat curry and stuff, so i'll probably go back and try some different stuff.

for dinner last night i poached a couple of large smoke haddock fillets in milk, used the poaching milk to make white sauce with parsley and lemon (turned out a little bland) and served it with new pots and green beans w tender stem broccoli. ate in the garden (its hot as hell here) with cheap white wine spritzers - not my finest meal but did the job.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
is this an authentic thai place? i dont think true thai dishes are served as rice toppings. sounds more like a hodgepodge of chicken and whatever veggies they can saute then top it with generic peanut sauce to give it a "thai" edge.

It was an authentic place as said by my friend, who knows much better than I, but since I have never had Thai before I honestly wouldn't know the difference. The greens and vegetables weren't on top of the rice, the rice was separate in a pressed tower shape. The chicken was arranged at the top of the place and veggies (can't recall all of them, peapods, carrot wedges, etc) at the bottom with the peanut sauce drizzled on the chicken. I think the peanut sauce is just too strong a taste yet dull at the same time. I prefer a taste more noticeable like sweet or spicy.

The soup was served with a single unpeeled shrimp in a small bowl with the sweet & spicy broth topped with several mushrooms. If I was more of a fish lover I probably would have liked it more.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm. I dunno if I've ever met anyone who didn't like American/Anglo-ized Pad Thai. Might I recommend that, next time (authenticity not guaranteed).

Two nights ago - Roast chicken drumsticks (seasoned with salt, pepper, and rosemary), peas, bread.

Last night - Lime/cilantro seasoned chicken and sauteed veggies in tortillas (fajitas?) with homemade salsa (quartered, seeded tomatoes; onion; cilantro; jarred jalapenos; canned chipotles; "roasted" corn [frozen]; black beans tossed in a food processor--maybe a little too much going on).

Tonight - Leftovers...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight: roast whole chicken (seasoned with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and thyme), and roasted red potatoes drizzled with some of the juice and thyme. Crunchy skin, moist meat, flavorful potatoes. Leftover chicken will be used for a chicken noodle soup stock tomorrow. The chicken was a variation of Thomas Keller's recipe. He's the chef at the French Laundry. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/231348 Next time, I'll try this recipe with some rock cornish game hens.

Blackberry

Reaction score
Well I go to Penn State and I am workin here over the summer . We pretty much have commons food!
I had popcorn shrimps, salad with tuna, marinated chincken breasts, and milk and cookies ice cream. Although I am not happy with it. I am satisfied for the day.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackberry
Well I go to Penn State and I am workin here over the summer . We pretty much have commons food!
I had popcorn shrimps, salad with tuna, marinated chincken breasts, and milk and cookies ice cream. Although I am not happy with it. I am satisfied for the day.

I like the way you spell chicken better than the regular way.
teacha.gif

(Couldn't resist - I'm a Michigan fan)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads