• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
28000 is actually on the pricey side for street pho. I got billshock. It is normally around half that. Admittedly it was a pretty big bowl though.

Lunch today - went to that misguided-attempt-at-kebab place listed above with the gf and a mate, who were both mightily impressed. Those are 16000, about 90 cents. Dinner will be a serious bargain. She knows a hu tieu (noodle soup) place which serves up a mighty good bowl for 6000 dong. Thats all of 30 cents right there.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
continued from the NY bakery thread... a little bit of NY in TX.

stuffs001.jpg

+

stuffs002.jpg

+

stuffs003.jpg

+

stuffs004.jpg

+

stuffs005.jpg

=

dance.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Street food week continues on its merry way, much to the mocking of my friends. Tuesday night was the 6000 dong hu tiu mentioned earlier. Wednesday lunch was bun thit nuong - basically BBQ pork on dry noodles served with peanuts n lettuce n so on. That ran me 25000 dong - which surprised me a little, since I remember when the same shop used to be 12000 when we used to rent office space upstairs. Been here too long Mattie....anyhow, 25000 is a tick under a buck fifty. Dinner was a com ga (rice and chicken) place recommended by a mate. I shall not be taking recommendations from him again. Chicken was just ok, rice was so dry it was like they left it out since Sunday. At 30000 dong, it wasn't especially cheap either. That's about 1.80. Went from there to a street place for yaort (Vietnamese yoghurt). Those are like 5000 (30c) each and really good. Found ourselves hungry late at night, so wandered to the the hu tiu guy on the corner. I had hu tiu bo vien (noodle soup with beef balls), gf had hu tiu with pork. 10000 (60c) each. Then went to sleep with a stomach full of carbs and probably gained a kilo overnight
smile.gif
Three days to go.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^damn those canolis looks really good.... they have to be my favorite dessert .

I had Korean shabu shabu (hot pot) last night. It was oh soooo good.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
threw down banh mi for lunch. Cheated slightly for dinner and had Indian - but in a place that probably doesn't meet any hygiene standards, so I'm claiming it. Really really good mutton briyani.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, finally I'm in:

P1010231.jpg

Keeping it simple for my first food post:

Pasta agli zucchini

Penne rigate with fresh zucchini, sundried tomatoes, spring inion, fresh garlic and chives. Served with parmigiano reggiano. Wine was a 2006 Bardolino.

Still trying to improve my photography skills.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bacon, kale and tomato sandwich. I sauteed the kale with olive oil and garlic for a few minutes.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a while. A couple of nights ago: chicken piccata and orzo.
dsc3569.jpg

Another couple of nights ago: beef salad.
dsc3573d.jpg

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i can't wait to find the time to cook again. i've been eating horribly. I've gotta try some new stuff.

skidsm

Reaction score
wife is at a business function tonight, so i made a ribeye on the grill, fresh cut fries, green salad with oil/vinegar and slice of roquefort, and a cotes du rhone. my favorite comfort dinner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads