• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
IIRC, Stranahan was featured as a very nice, niche, small-batch distillery on a History Channel show about spirits. They said that it represented an influx of microdistilleries that we'll see soon like w/ microbreweries. They talked about it very favorably.
That it is, a very small, niche, distillery out of Colorado. I was turned on to it by my cousin because he couldn't sell it. Nobody out here (East Coast) knows anything about it. After a few sips, I must say this whiskey is growing on me. It's unlike anything else I've had. A little water opens it up nicely. But still, the backend gets you when you don't expect it. If you're a whiskey fan, I'd recommend this, for variation's sake. I understand it's hard to find outside of CO, but PM me if you want to try it and I'll try to arrange something for you. P.S. I support micro- alcohol of any kind. The more the merrier.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Twenty Bench, 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon.

Second time trying it, and I'm less enthused than the first time. The first time I remember it being a decent bang-for-the-buck Cab, but this time around I'm underwhelmed. It seems to be lacking something. Maybe I'm just too used to the pinots with their spice and/or earthiness; but this seems a bit flat. Not terrible by any means, but could probably find something better without a huge jump in price. Probably won't buy again.

Paired with boneless rib-eye steak and assorted cooked vegetables.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fetzer Pinot Noir. Very smooth with little flavor at the attack with a non-existent mid pallate and finish.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by styleconcious
thumbs up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thums_Up

Taste of India along with Limca...
biggrin.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cordwinder
Taste of India along with Limca...
biggrin.gif

Limca ******* rocks. I wish they sold it over here (minus the filthy bottles)

K

Crawford

Reaction score
Yesterday:
0.5 oz Canadian Whisky (Wiser's Small Batch)
0.5 oz Sweet Vermouth
Splash Triple Sec
Juice of 1/8 Lemon
- Served over ice. Is there a name for this? I just threw it together, but I really enjoyed. Sort of like a perfect manhatten with a citrus twist.

Today:
Okanagan Springs Black Lager - so light and smooth for such a dark beer, love the hint of chocolate.

gateslion

Reaction score
Spirits - A nice mid to top vodka. Effen or Origine if I'm taking it simple, Stoli Elit if I'm feeling extra picky.

Beer - the simple old favorite Yeungling! MM.... The best (make that only) domestic worth drinking. Alas, they only sell it on the east coast. In DC or PA its in like every bar. In Cali, you can't even find it in a specialty store. They've never even heard of it. I mean WTF??!! They can get me beer from russia, kosovo, and the northermost tip of China (HeiLongJiang, its actually not bad) But you can't mail me a case of cheap everyday beer from PA?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borsao Crianza 2005. A great mid- to full-bodied Grenacha blend that finishes as strong as it starts with a great blend of strong dark berries and more earthy notes of oak and dark chocolate.

patrill

Reaction score
Knob Creek, which is really disappointing. I wanted to get more into bourbon after trying (and loving!) some Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve. Saw the Knob on sale, and bought a bottle. Alright for daily sipping, but I probably won't buy another bottle.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
warsteiners... needed a refreshing drink after a very long day...

Kei-bon

Reaction score
nigorizake

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads