• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wine_thirtybench_bb.jpg

92. Superb. Lots of character and complexity. A fine Canadian wine.

kenwood_russian_river_valley_pinot_noir_2004.jpg

89. Pleasant. Daily drinker. Good pinot characteristics. Lots of strawberry and cherry while maintaing the essential pinot delicacy.

18550winehouse3.JPG

90. A fine Oz shiraz. Lots of fruit, subtlety, complexity, but well balanced compared to so many shiraz'.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a few nice bottles this weekend. 2005 Turley Old Vines zine, 2007 Merry Edwards chard, 2004 Beaux Freres pinot. Mixed in with some Sazerac, 12 y.o. CC, Wisers Deluxe, and a few shots of my single cask Milagro anejo.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have pretty much been on the wagon for several weekends, while trying to write my law school personal statement. I'm a very good writer, but this, I don't know, it has more hours per word than anything I've ever written. I'm done and I'm proud. One law school application is gone.

I started dinner late, a round of hot wings, then, oddly enough, the Big Mac -- Macallan 18. Then fillet of beef with this sauce of shallot and mustard and sour cream, sweet potatoes with clove, Sri Lankan true cinnamon and bourbon, with vegetable medley. Then 2001 Dow's LBV Port with chocolate truffles. Now, an episode of the West Wing and what I call the 'Stumbling Monk' -- American malted rye, Benedictine and Cointreau.

Maybe a dram on the old Mortlach 22 later. Or maybe not.

~ H

Bohdathone

Reaction score
Glenmorangie Port Wood (old bottling). It's not bad and beats the new Nectar d'Or I got at the same time hands down

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I have pretty much been on the wagon for several weekends, while trying to write my law school personal statement. I'm a very good writer, but this, I don't know, it has more hours per word than anything I've ever written. I'm done and I'm proud. One law school application is gone.

I started dinner late, a round of hot wings, then, oddly enough, the Big Mac -- Macallan 18. Then fillet of beef with this sauce of shallot and mustard and sour cream, sweet potatoes with clove, Sri Lankan true cinnamon and bourbon, with vegetable medley. Then 2001 Dow's LBV Port with chocolate truffles. Now, an episode of the West Wing and what I call the 'Stumbling Monk' -- American malted rye, Benedictine and Cointreau.

Maybe a dram on the old Mortlach 22 later. Or maybe not.

~ H

Congrats to get the paper finished! The food and drink sound like a proper way to celebrate the completion.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barnardus 2006 Monterey County Chardonnay. Not terrible, just not very good. Lacking in smoothness, a bit harsh I guess. Also kinda bland and could use some more of all the elements that make a good Chard. It's got all the dials down at 2-4, could raise a few to 6-7 to give it some character. Can easily find better options at the same price range.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2007 Robert Foley Pinot Blanc. I was curious to try this, as I've long been a fan of Pride Mountain and Switchback Ridge wines (where Foley is the winemaker). It could use a year or so of age, as the last glass was the best (after the bottle had been open for 2 days) -- a good summer drink.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine-Style Ale. 2009 vintage.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vieux CarrÃ
00a9.png
Cocktail:

3/4 oz rye whiskey - Sazerac 18 rye
3/4 oz Cognac - Remy Martin 1738
3/4 oz sweet vermouth - Vya
1/2 teaspoon Benedictine
1 dash Angostura bitters
1 Dash Peychaud's bitters
Garnish with a cherry

The result is delicious. It is smooth, but with the utmost character. The nose is mostly rye with hints of the Angostura, Peychaud's and Benedictine. Like I said, it is extremely smooth, but the rye adds a spicy kick. The vermouth is the perfect compliment. The aftertaste on the tongue is bittersweet. All-in-all this is a pretty good cocktail, but I still may prefer a good old Manhattan. It is definately a good change from the usual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads