• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trevorplease

Reaction score
I wish I could try 110 on, 2030 is slightly loose but a half down is uncomfortable. Wonder if I’m a half down from 2030

the year 1492

Reaction score
Ended up jumping on those scout boots at the Bureau. I've been interested in the 110 last for some time and the cordovan put me over the top. Having slightly cold feet as I wasn't totally planning on dropping a bunch of cash on myself in the midst of Christmas season but hopeful that feeling will turn around when these arrive.

For anyone interested, I did a little digging on the horween garnet shell and came across this and this. Looks much redder here than at the Bureau.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the Whites finally sold so I got the green light to replace them. Threw these:

https://viberg.com/products/service-boot-crust-horsehide

in my cart and now I have having prepurchase anxiety - don't want to make another expensive mistake. What are your guys' thoughts on this make up? I like the unstructured toe, could do without the brouge (but most of their models have it) and the color should darken to a perfect, but still light shade...right? Haha I'm a hot mess right now.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up jumping on those scout boots at the Bureau. I've been interested in the 110 last for some time and the cordovan put me over the top. Having slightly cold feet as I wasn't totally planning on dropping a bunch of cash on myself in the midst of Christmas season but hopeful that feeling will turn around when these arrive.

For anyone interested, I did a little digging on the horween garnet shell and came across this and this. Looks much redder here than at the Bureau.

The Bureaus pictures look good
to me but when I did a similar search this morning I decided I couldn’t risk getting shoes that could be bright red. I’ll be very curious to see what they look like when people start getting them.

the year 1492

Reaction score
The Bureaus pictures look good
to me but when I did a similar search this morning I decided I couldn’t risk getting shoes that could be bright red. I’ll be very curious to see what they look like when people start getting them.

Yeah, man. I was in the same boat. If they look like the Bureau's pictures then I'll be totally happy but the last thing I want is an $1100 pair of garishly red boots. I ended up taking the jump because these ticked enough of my boxes (last, speedhooks, heel loop) that it was worth the gamble. I think someone else said they'd post pictures when they get theirs but I'll probably do the same.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, man. I was in the same boat. If they look like the Bureau's pictures then I'll be totally happy but the last thing I want is an $1100 pair of garishly red boots. I ended up taking the jump because these ticked enough of my boxes (last, speedhooks, heel loop) that it was worth the gamble. I think someone else said they'd post pictures when they get theirs but I'll probably do the same.

Not sure if our saw this pair or not. They Allen Edmonds in garnet shell. They are from maybe a year ago I think. I know shell color varies a lot from batch to batch. I hope yours come in the color you are hoping! I almost went for them as I agree, there are some really cool aspects to the build. In the end there were a few reasons I couldn’t take the plunge though.

29AD9E38-D229-4F41-84EA-307C3653806F.jpeg

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered them before I saw other pics of garnet shell. fingers crossed they are more like the pics on their site. I already got a red boot from Viberg that I didn't love and had to unload.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads