• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jason16502

Reaction score
Chelsea boot novice here. I’ve worn “The Outsider” about 10 times, they’ve broken in, and I’ve noticed fraying and warping on the elastic edge at the top.

Now, I’m not delicate with these boots, I throw them on pretty fast, no shoe horn, etc. so it may be my fault. Obviously this isn’t a part of the boot that is ever going to be seen out in public, still love them, but given the price and run size, I’m wondering if this is normal before I head over to Viberg to enquire what’s up. (And see if, down the road, they can replace/repair).
Definitely not normal and they should replace or repair imo. I have pair of Grenson Chelsea boots and they’ve never showed that type of wear. Almost looks like it was deadstock material and dry-rot ate up the cotton portion of the stretch section.

Areni-1

Reaction score
Well, my pair of Chelsea’s just arrived, so here’s hoping the elastic holds up on them.

Nothing like opening a box of Vibergs (this is my third pair now). I was questioning whether these would be that much better than my RM Williams Chelsea’s but as soon as I saw the leather I knew they were.

These are in waxy brandy regency calf from CF Stead and it’s a gorgeous leather. They’re so smooth and velvety to the touch, and they have a deep pull-up and a nice depth of colour that I wasn’t able to capture due to a massive storm outside and a lack of natural light.

Leather is about the same thickness as my signature RM’s but the kip lining is slightly thicker. They’re a real pain to put on and it did make me appreciate the RM’s double pull tabs for a moment, but they fit like a glove.

I find the Viberg Chelsea’s look a little ugly in the online store photos due to the high instep, but they’re comfy once on the foot and I usually have issues with my instep and Chelsea’s so these should eliminate that. Can’t wait to see them once they’ve melded to my foot a bit.
Otherwise they’re quite elegant with a tight waste and nice toe box.

I’m not 100% sold on the storm welt as it makes the toe box look a little low, but it’s a feature that sets it apart from the other Chelsea’s I own, I guess.

IMG_6332.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wonder who's buying this shell that keeps them going at those rates. I've got no qualms spending what they ask on boots, but C&J and Edward Green don't come with the risk of duds like Viberg seems to.

Funny as I don’t post here very often but the OB showed up in my IG stream yesterday. Went to the site and sadly they were all sold out. I don’t mean to be overly critical but every shoe thread (including EG) has people that complain about quality but this thread is through the roof.

I just stopped by to congratulate those who were fortunate enough to snag a pair. I also think Viberg is a bit high but hell, so is EG, St Crisp., and even Alden for that manner. The narrative that the Viberg value isn’t there simply is not supported by the facts, as the fast sell-out of all 3 OB’s demonstrates. I’m not a fan of the Viberg blucher, and though I have sworn off of boots, I would have gladly paid the asking price for either the Halkett or Uplands and am truly disappointed that I missed out. I have way more footwear than any person should own but none are as interesting as these (warning, non-Viberg image) Alden OB’s…………

IMG_0316.jpeg

The way these things change colors depending on environment is nothing short of phenomenal.

So back to my original point, big-time congrats to those who got in on these. I have coveted a Halkett for some time and own the Uplands. Man, I envy those who snagged a pair, regardless of price.

ikoiko

Reaction score
Definitely not normal and they should replace or repair imo. I have pair of Grenson Chelsea boots and they’ve never showed that type of wear. Almost looks like it was deadstock material and dry-rot ate up the cotton portion of the stretch section.

Short update. I reached out to Viberg, gave you all a shoutout, and Brett (Viberg?) wrote back promptly. Working on a solution.

PeterHH2024

Reaction score
Anyone know of any places to pick up roughout in 1035 in a size 7/7.5?

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the general verdict about the aging of TPR leathers? Pictures I have found online suggest to me that they ‘featureless fade’ if that is a thing, mostly seeming that the original colour dulls and you don’t really see much by way of natural variation in the skin over time.

Anyone? Anyone?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the general verdict about the aging of TPR leathers? Pictures I have found online suggest to me that they ‘featureless fade’ if that is a thing, mostly seeming that the original colour dulls and you don’t really see much by way of natural variation in the skin over time.

Anyone? Anyone?
TPR is a finnicky leather. It really depends how that top coat does. It can wear off and leave you with what is essentially an oiled vachetta (lucida tannage) or it will adhere for the life of the boot. It should develop highs and lows and age pretty well. The dulling youre referring to is the aging portion where the TPR coat is separating. After it finishes wearing away the leather will be a lot better.

Mendel2017

Reaction score
Anyone know of any places to pick up roughout in 1035 in a size 7/7.5?

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I had a home invasion last week, and one of the items taken was a pair of miloh x viberg double black cxl 145 oxford shoe size 8 with the black mini ripple sole. If you suddenly come across one somewhere, can you give me a heads up? Just to see if they also have all the other shoes they stole as well. Thanks.

Also if you have a pair in 7.5/8 you'd be willing to sell, please let me know. Really loved those shoes

Happy new year y'all!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member